4 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$189
Agoda.comUS$189
StayForLongUS$212
2,507 results
All reviews visitor center historic district great location john street king street music hall free trolley stop parking garage within walking distance free breakfast per day meeting street hotel is located would stay here again first floor nice breakfast front desk staff
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2021 via mobile

If you attempt to find this place by following your GPS to a street address, beware.
Yes, there is a door on Meeting Street, but it’s locked, unlit, and denoted by a very small sign. After sunset, you’re guaranteed to drive right past.
The REAL main entrance is off a small alleyway on John Street, around two corners from Meeting Street. It, too, is unlit with a very small sign.
Once you find the place, it’s an okay hotel, very much like other Hampton Inns.
Perhaps the downplayed signage is the product of Historic District rules. Whatever the cause, just keep your eyes open.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Colleen Ribeiro, Guest Services / Front Office at Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2021

K5480CKjoej,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us. I will definitely get with my team about how we can make it easier for guests to find us. I hope this does not hinder you from booking with us and staying in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me via email or by phone next time your in town so I can make sure you have a good rate and nice room.

Hampton Inn Historic
345 Meeting St. Charleston, SC 29403

Reviewed January 26, 2021 via mobile

Went to take a shower and found most of the grout in the shower was missing and loose floor tiles at the entrance to the roll in shower.

Went to grab my shoes and foubd underwear and socks left under the bed.

Woken by weed wackers outside of the window at 7:15 in the morning.

Don't stay here.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business

Rivercap,

I am disheartened to hear about your stay with us. This is definitely not the impression we want to give off. Please reach out to me so we can discuss further as I want to try and make the situation right. You can reach me via email @ colleen.ribeiro@Hilton.com or by phone at 843-723-4000

Hampton Inn Historic
345 Meeting St. Charleston, SC 29403

Reviewed December 24, 2020 via mobile

This hotel is in a super location and the staff was very helpful in providing directions for those of us geographically challenged. That being said, we were unaware of “ how to park.” We pulled into a small turnaround area and seeing no obvious parking spaces, I ran in to get more information. Parking is available at $25 a day. Not outrageous compared to some metropolitan areas but still a surprise. Additionally, using a digital key doesn’t make a difference because you have to go in to the desk to get the parking pass. It’s possible I could have missed this information when making the reservations but because we like Hampton inns, this was just a small bump in the road

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Inky A
Colleen Ribeiro, Guest Services / Front Office at Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2020

Inky A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to host you in your future visits to Charleston. I also want to thank you on your feedback about the parking. I definitely will look into what can be done to make parking more obvious for the customer. Also I will look into options for e-check in customers with digital keys. I can see how it is an inconvenience to come to the desk after you chose the option to go straight to the room. Please feel free to use my email address listed below for any future reservations at our property.

Hampton Inn Historic Charleston
345 Meeting Street Charleston, SC 29403

Reviewed December 20, 2020

My family and I stayed here for Thanksgiving and we loved it! Great proximity to all the historic attractions, and a cute courtyard to sit outside in when the weather’s nice... but the best part of this hotel hands down is the staff. Super helpful and friendly with every interaction I had with them, especially Tiffany, who really went above and beyond for me. I called the day I checked out because I realized I had left a shirt in my room closet... they couldn’t find it right away, but Tiffany stayed on top of it and managed to find it for me. I appreciate her going out of her way to make sure it was found. Great location and great staff at this Hampton Inn!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank loodielondon
Colleen Ribeiro, Guest Services / Front Office at Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2020

loodielondon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Hampton Inn Historic. It is also wonderful to hear the kind words you shared about our Guest Service Manager, Tiffany. She is an amazing part of our team and a huge asset to the Hilton family. We look forward to your next stay with us.

345 Meeting Street Charleston SC 29464

Reviewed November 30, 2020

We came to Charleston for Thanksgiving to spend with our children who proudly serve in the U.S. Navy. We would like to thank the staff and especially Tiffany who helped make our stay memorable. Thank you Hampton Inn Historic Charleston family!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Colleen Ribeiro, Guest Services / Front Office at Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2020

scotthU7249VP

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Tiffany is a great part of our team and I will pass on to her and the staff about the kind words you shared. We hope to see you in your future Charleston trips.

345 Meeting Street Charleston SC 29464