“Great Staff, Excellent Location!”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed at the French Quarter Inn for 3 nights last week and had a fantastic time!

The Pros:

Location, Location! The hotel is located just off of Market Street which is in a very convenient location. It's about 2 block from all of the great shopping on King and the Museums on Meeting Street.

It's within walking distance of pretty much everything there is to do in Charleston including The Battery on the tip of the Peninsula.

It's quiet!! I was pretty surprised how quiet it was considering it was so close to the "massive crush of humanity" that calls itself Market Street... Yikes!

The Staff! The staff here were warm and inviting from the valet to the bellman, front desk staff and housekeeping. The room was clean and the bed was super comfy!

Try the pillow menu! There are about 6 or 8 different pillows you can try from Goose Down to Tempurpedic. We tried many!

We had breakfast delivered to the room every morning. One nice thing that they do is give you a quick courtesy call right before they deliver your food so that you can be ready for it.

Make sure to stop by the lobby for wine and cheese as well as milk and cookies each night before bedtime!! Nom Nom Nom!!!

The Cons...

I can't really thin of any cons to this place. We enjoyed every minute and found it to be well worth the price we paid.

Room Tip: Book a package. We booked the Essentials Package which included free valet parking, a gift certific...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tuckiefried
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Tuckiefried,

Your review makes me extremely happy and proud of my team here at French Quarter Inn! Yes, our Pillow Menu is a big hit with guests, and I am glad to read that our cleanliness was top-notch; cleanliness and service are our top priorities. I'll make sure to share these wonderful comments with the team.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

As the title says, it doesn't get any better. You can believe everything others have said about this property. We stayed here for three nights to celebrate our 50th anniversary and couldn't have been more happy. The property only has 50 rooms. It is located idealally for visiting the Old Town. It is next to the Old Market, within walking distance to some really good restraunts and shops. It is quiet, extremely clean, friendly, and customer oriented. Everyone from the valia parking, bell man, maids, servers, etc went out of their way to great you and respond to your requests. The interior is really something to behold. It is very relaxing after fighting the crowds all day. They serve a get continental breakfast that you can eat within the hotel or will delivery it to your room for free. They serve champaine and cookies in early afternoon, wine and cheese at five, and then cookies and milk later. They have a turn down service with candy and there is coffee served until ten pm on every floor. They have a nice courtyard you can relax in and balconeys on each floor that you can smoke on if you wish.
The views are not very good but I don't think any of the hotels in Old Town have good views. They have a restraunt but we didn't use it... the prices on the menue outside were reasonable.You can valia park for fifteen dollars a night or park your own car at a parking garage next door. There is a several block long area on King Street just three blocks over that have some really high end, old antiques that are worth looking at but are very expensive. Carraige rides, tours, bike taxis, etc are availabe within a block of the hotel. You should visit the Visitors Center on your way in to gather information and take one of their tours.... they are worth it. I can't say enough about this property and Charleston in general. The home tours are really worth doing. We visited Savannagh for three days after staying here and there is no comparison between the two cities.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wolfe99

Dear Wolfe99,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here last month. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Loved the continential breakfast every morning, wine and cheese every afternoon and milk and cookies before bed! It's in close walking distance to lots of great shops, horse carriage rides, and restaurants. Rooms were very nice - beds very comfy. Charming southern atmosphire. Will come back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear TravelGirl829,

I thank you for your kind words about our staff and hotel amenities! Many of our guest make sure to tell me that my team here certainly does epitomizes southern hospitality.

We hope to see y'all again!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Visited for our fourth consecutive year and they are STILL OUTSTANDING!! Service is great, rooms are great, location is great!! It's a very nice hotel in a superb location. We had a suite with a balocny overlooking the market. It was great to be able to look out or sit out and watch the people and the horses (carriage tours) go by. The hotel is quiet, though it's in the center of the action for Charleston. We've enjoyed this hotel every visit and we hope to visit again next year!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Northspoon

Dear Northspoon,

I am glad to read that we are still exceeding your expectations every year y'all visit. We look forward to seeing everyone for the fifth visit!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We only stayed one night in Charleston, but I'm glad we booked the French Quarter Inn. Great location and an easy walk to the waterfront, the FQI is a world-class hotel (and fairly expensive) but with zero snobbery or pretension; the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. We booked a suite with a terrace overlooking Market Street, and loved the comfortable beds and huge bathroom with separate shower and tub. We also enjoyed touches like an afternoon wine-and-cheese reception (and, later, milk and cookies), the pillow menu, and the kids would go back simply for the jellybeans and M&Ms in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GeorgeTirebiter

Dear GeorgeTirebiter,

I am delighted to hear y'all enjoyed your stay! Children that visit us do seem to find those M&M's and Jelly Bellies very yummy. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see y'all again!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

This hotel is well situated in downtown Charleston. It is charming, clean, quiet but expensive especially since $17 is added for parking. The staff is friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, I left a brand new pair of black flats in my room. I contacted the hotel via email and followed up with a phone call when I had not heard back after about a week. The shoes were not found.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear EluvsNY,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I am sorry to read that your shoes were not found, and my sincerest apologies that our team did not respond in the timeliness of manners. I do assure we will keep a lookout for your shoes.

Stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements by becoming our “Friend” on Facebook. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

From the moment you pull up to the FQI your stay is everything you expected from the reviews! We stayed for 3 nights, our stay was perfect. The little things is what seperates a great hotel from others. The Will one of the valets had some great recommendations, as well as Faith, who confirmed that we should definatly find the Tattooed Moose(a food network diner,drive in and dive)for the duck club, which was amazing! The breakfast delived to your room in the morning was delicious, the iced teas and lemonade were great, turn down service with treats along with cookies and milk at night was the best(oatmeal raisin yummy)! The hotel is perfectly located within walking distance to everything. Ask for the balcony upgrade, we overlooked Church St it was pretty quiet. Don't miss out on fried chicken at Jestines Kitchen, Magnolias, the Tattooed Moose and the amazing Hanks Seafood restaurant where the food and service is outstanding! Coming from from NYC it was some of the best food we ever ate(but that was a seperate review)
The FQI is the perfect hotel choice in Charleston, we can't wait to go back.
Oh I forgot about the pillow menu, how many hotels give you a pillow menu, double down was my favorite!
Thank you FQI for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank yanksgirl17

Dear yanksgirl17,

On behalf of the entire team here at French Quarter Inn, we greatly appreciate these wonderful comments! The Tattooed Moose is a great place to visit and grab a bite to eat.