US$319
  • Pool
US$179
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$188
  • Restaurant
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$129
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
US$199
US$189
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$109
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$100
3,126 results
All reviewspillow menucookies and milkglass of champagnewine and cheesejelly beansport winedetox waterchampagne on arrivalcontinental breakfastturn down servicem msevening cookiesquichewithin walking distanceearly eveningsouthern hospitalitythe entire staff
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Right in the heart of downtown Charleston, the French Quarter Inn offers hospitality unheard of in today's hotel market. It IS expensive, but absolutely worth it. It is very easy to forget the cost when you experience the hospitality and generosity you are sure to find at this beautiful hotel. We (grandparents and two grandchildren) felt so welcome; so well taken care of by the exceptionally polite and efficient staff.
At the French Quarter Inn, guests are greeted with a glass of champagne; wine and cheese are served in the early evening; milk and cookies later on; turn down service with lovely chocolates...and...continental breakfast....all of these niceties are complimentary.
We did splurge on a suite...it was comfortable, quiet, nicely furnished; bathroom was quite luxurious; beds and pillows were outstanding.
I was a bit concerned about being located in the very busy, potentially noisy, market area, but found this hotel to be a peaceful oasis.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank rdomo
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Dear rdomo,

I am thrilled to read that everyone enjoyed their visit so much! We really enjoyed having the whole family stay with us, and it will be a pleasure having y'all visit again.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see the family again!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

This was our third visit to the French Quarter Inn. We have stayed in Charleston before but nothing that compares to the French Quarter Inn. Starting from the perfect location, to the wonderful service, breakfast, clean rooms, etc. I could go on and on. You will not be disappointed staying here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rudy1qh

Dear rudy1qh,

I will assume we will be seeing y'all again for your fourth visit! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see y'all again!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed at the French Quarter Inn for three days following a cruise. The service was exceptional, starting with check-in, where you are given a glass of champagne. The room was very comfortable and well maintained. We booked a package and the coupons and roses I ordered were in the room when we arrived. Continental breakfast is included each day -- either in the lobby or delivered to your room. There is a daily wine and cheese reception at 5 pm, and fresh baked cookies at 8:30 pm. The hotel is perfectly located in the old town area, a block from the (renovated) city market, and convenient to historic homes, restaurants, shopping, churches, etc. during our visit, we also did a private carraige ride around the old town that was terrific.

Best hotel we have stayed at in some time. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: a room overlooking church street would probably have the best view

Dear Wtrav77,

I love reading reviews like yours! I will share these wonderful comments with my team as it is reviews like these that keep us striving to not only be the best hotel in Charleston, but to be one of the best hotels in the world.

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed at the French Quarter Inn for 3 nights last week and had a fantastic time!

The Pros:

Location, Location! The hotel is located just off of Market Street which is in a very convenient location. It's about 2 block from all of the great shopping on King and the Museums on Meeting Street.

It's within walking distance of pretty much everything there is to do in Charleston including The Battery on the tip of the Peninsula.

It's quiet!! I was pretty surprised how quiet it was considering it was so close to the "massive crush of humanity" that calls itself Market Street... Yikes!

The Staff! The staff here were warm and inviting from the valet to the bellman, front desk staff and housekeeping. The room was clean and the bed was super comfy!

Try the pillow menu! There are about 6 or 8 different pillows you can try from Goose Down to Tempurpedic. We tried many!

We had breakfast delivered to the room every morning. One nice thing that they do is give you a quick courtesy call right before they deliver your food so that you can be ready for it.

Make sure to stop by the lobby for wine and cheese as well as milk and cookies each night before bedtime!! Nom Nom Nom!!!

The Cons...

I can't really thin of any cons to this place. We enjoyed every minute and found it to be well worth the price we paid.

Room Tip: Book a package. We booked the Essentials Package which included free valet parking, a gift certificate to Amen Street Restaurant, a free carriage ride and a basket of yummy goodies!
2  Thank tuckiefried

Dear Tuckiefried,

Your review makes me extremely happy and proud of my team here at French Quarter Inn! Yes, our Pillow Menu is a big hit with guests, and I am glad to read that our cleanliness was top-notch; cleanliness and service are our top priorities. I'll make sure to share these wonderful comments with the team.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

As the title says, it doesn't get any better. You can believe everything others have said about this property. We stayed here for three nights to celebrate our 50th anniversary and couldn't have been more happy. The property only has 50 rooms. It is located idealally for visiting the Old Town. It is next to the Old Market, within walking distance to some really good restraunts and shops. It is quiet, extremely clean, friendly, and customer oriented. Everyone from the valia parking, bell man, maids, servers, etc went out of their way to great you and respond to your requests. The interior is really something to behold. It is very relaxing after fighting the crowds all day. They serve a get continental breakfast that you can eat within the hotel or will delivery it to your room for free. They serve champaine and cookies in early afternoon, wine and cheese at five, and then cookies and milk later. They have a turn down service with candy and there is coffee served until ten pm on every floor. They have a nice courtyard you can relax in and balconeys on each floor that you can smoke on if you wish.
The views are not very good but I don't think any of the hotels in Old Town have good views. They have a restraunt but we didn't use it... the prices on the menue outside were reasonable.You can valia park for fifteen dollars a night or park your own car at a parking garage next door. There is a several block long area on King Street just three blocks over that have some really high end, old antiques that are worth looking at but are very expensive. Carraige rides, tours, bike taxis, etc are availabe within a block of the hotel. You should visit the Visitors Center on your way in to gather information and take one of their tours.... they are worth it. I can't say enough about this property and Charleston in general. The home tours are really worth doing. We visited Savannagh for three days after staying here and there is no comparison between the two cities.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor quiet room.
2  Thank Wolfe99

Dear Wolfe99,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements.