My wife and I stayed at the FQI the week of March 16-20. We had the Romance package as it was our anniversary. Overall the hotel is VERY centrally located and the ONLY time we took our car out was when we went to Mt Pleasant. I will break down the review. Understand that we stayed in Charleston during the week from Sunday-Thursday. When we left on Thursday, we could tell it was getting increasingly busier so I can't say what it's like at the FQI on the weekend. Also the first night of the stay the AC was malfunctioning and caused quite a stir but was not a problem the rest of the stay.
Very easy and efficient. Had the champagne but were out of lady fingers. No biggy. Valet was included in the rate (as it should) and our bags were very efficiently brought to our room.
We had a Junior Suite that overlooked Market Street. Very spacious room with 2 Queen Beds. A jacuzzi tub and a very spacious bathroom were included. The room was obviously updated with HDTV and a safe and frig. Heard a little noise, as we were by the service elevators but nothing to complain about. What I will say though is that they need to have at least 1 King size bed in one of these suites. I am a big guy and it was hard for me and my wife to sleep on one bed. We did but it was interesting. The beds are not the greatest(compared to a Heavenly Bed) but were ok. The pillow menu was pretty cool but the pillows I requested were not given. (Requested King but given standard) The patio was pretty cool to sit out on but BEWARE you can't see what is going on at street level(for people watching) Also beware of your surroundings on the patio as they are not private if there are people staying beside you and above you(our patio jutted out much farther than the balconies above us on the 4th floor.
Very nice to have a continental breakfast brought to your room and the ability to have it on the patio or in the room. Very basic breakfast (pastries, bagels, fruit, juice and coffee) as we went out one day for some hot eats. The breakfast was brought right on time at the beginning of the time slot requested. For example 9-930 it was brought right at 9am. Remember that when you pick your times....
Wine and cheese was a nice touch. The cookies at night were nice as well. Turn down was a mini praline from the chocolate shop at the bottom of the hotel.
If we needed anything, the staff was quick to respond.
From the bellmen to the housekeeping staff, everything was as expected for a hotel of this caliber. Again, location was IDEAL but it does come at a cost. We avg about $360 a night. The Romance package does include a GC to Tristan's which is inside but not affiliated with the FQI. It also comes with a bottle of Champagne and some LIndt truffles. You also get a GC to a private carriage tour. Minus those things, it still avgs over $300 a night so come prepared. (and that is considered 'low season')
Quickie on restaurants while we were there (out of 5 stars)
Hank's--* * *
Noisy Oyster--* **
Barbara Jean's (Mt Pleasant)--* * * *
Sette (MP)--* * * 1/2*
Magnolia's--* * * *
Joseph's (for breakfast)--* * * 1/2*
High Cotton--* * * * *
Tristan's--* * * * *
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc