“Anniversary Dinner”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Bay Street
Transit: Free Charleston Trolley stops next door at the Art Institute. Charleston Marriott also stops at the Art Institute.
Description: Burwell's, a pioneer of the Modern Steakhouse, unites with specific farms and ranches, most recently forging a powerful relationship with Snake River Farms for its exotic cuts, butcher selects, and above prime grades. The Award-Winning, casual steakhouse serves local, seasonal ingredients and its nose-to-tail efforts made famous by the "Hot Rock" program have caused quite a stir. Toss in the local seafood and vegetables and you'll find out why they've been the best kept secret in Charleston. Indoor - Outdoor Dining. "There is no other steak like it!"
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I traveled to Charleston for our anniversary.
We chose Burwell's Stone Fire Grill for dinner.
The staff was very friendly. Our waiter was well versed on the menu and most importantly, the food was amazing.
Thanks to Burwell's for a great dining experience.

1  Thank Howard D

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

I had dinner with my mom at Burwell's recently. I was so excited to try their new 5 cheese Mac and Cheese as I consider myself quite a Mac and Cheese connoisseur! The dish was delicious with white and yellow cheddar cheeses, smoked Gouda, parmesan, and cream cheese! The burger was cooked perfectly and the pickled onions and mushrooms were just the right touch! I cannot wait to go back with my whole family to enjoy another meal at Burwell's!

Reviewed June 27, 2017

Finished a meeting and the 3 of us needed a drink. They had a sign outside for 1/2 price apps and a roof top bar, so we stopped. The service was great. We split an order of Deviled Eggs. They were very good. I ordered the prime rib rock. I cooked on rocks in Spain and had so much fun. Enjoyed it here too. 1 coworker had a beef sandwich that she loved and the other did a burger. She also complimented the food. I had 2 of the blueberry mint smash drinks. Would have done a 3rd if I wasn't the driver. It was a fun place with helpful staff. The roof top bar was the place to be.

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

We've eaten here several times and always enjoyed it. However, last night was not a good experience. The hush puppies with pork were terrible. The filets were cold and had to be sent back. The mac and cheese was lukewarm and not flavorful. The server took the steaks back into the kitchen and they were heated up. The manager returned them without a real apology. The steak tasted heated up and was not medium rare which we ordered. The service was fair. We will not be returning.

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

I got to town and found it very difficult to get reservations anywhere. After calling about 10 places, I called Burwells and they were able to accommodate us. When we arrived there were very few people in the place. They greeted us warmly and sat us promptly. The service was nice and the food was great. Two ordered the flat iron steak and two others ordered the other steak they highly suggested (a strip steak I think). Both were very good, but the flat iron was delicious, to which we all agreed. The side dishes are family style and it was stated they serve about 2 people, but the mash potato portion was huge and could easily have feed 3 healthy portions. The Brussels sprouts were really good too. We were a little worried with the ease of getting reservations and the small dinner crowd, but it turned out to be a wonderful experience, maybe because it is a tad off the main road. Definitely recommend. They also have a rooftop bar but we didn't try it.