“Great food, average service”
Review of Mustard Seed

Mustard Seed
Ranked #309 of 993 Restaurants in Charleston
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed August 20, 2014

This place was recommended to me by my tour guide from earlier in my vacation week. I took my teenage daughter and 2 teenage cousins. Two out of the four people in our party were vegetarians and they had several yummy options for them (which is a rare find in Charleston, I might add). Everyone in our party enjoyed their food, but the service wasn't up-to-par in my opinion. It may be because people tend to be intimidated by a group of teens...who knows. Either way, I'd definitely go back for the food. Their menu had variety and the prices were a fantastic value for the great quality of food they served.

1  Thank Emily M

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Mustard seed is a place that everyone sucks check out. Food is always fresh with a fantastic ambiance.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant on James Island just outside Charleston, SC will never let you down. You can count on huge portions of tasty food precisely and beautifully prepared. Our recent party of 12 loved everything including the incredible bread. Don't miss this sleeper.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We went to the Mustard Seed on our second night and had a delightful dinner. The service was fantastic, and the food was scrumptious--I had the eggplant special and my wife had the crab cake special. If you tire of downtown Charleston parking and crowds, go to the Mustard Seed!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I ate here on a recent trip to Charleston. It was recommended to me by a local that I had asked about a good, local, place for lunch. Reasonable prices, large servings and delicious. I had the Pad Thai and it was great....chicken, shrimp, just an exciting dish. I will be going back to Mt. Pleasant next week and I will eat there again. I may try a new dish, but it's gonna be hard to NOT have the Pad Thai again.