“Best fresh sushi in Charleston ”

Wasabi Japanese Steak House
Ranked #396 of 984 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

Wow. Jericho and Eden who are chefs and partners are terrific. Let Jericho make you something special at the sushi bar. Next visit I'm going to try one of Eden's Thai dishes. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

Star studded spats flying across the grill what could be better.!! Went to lunch with my family for me brothers 50th Birthday. We had fun. Food was good service was good. it's always better if there is a larger party and the roudyer you are , then everyone gets into it. Don't go being a Debbie downer no one will enjoy it then. Come with a good and fun attitude you will you will love it! !!

Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

The hubs and I were surprised to find Wasabi gone and Sushi Blue in the same location when we went out for our anniversary dinner. A sandwich board outside said "Delicious sushi at affordable prices" and I do agree with both statements. My SC Crunch had lots of crunch, hubs' Spicy Tuna was on point, and the prices were great.

BUT. There were some glaring issues with Sushi Blue as well. First, the Tuna Tataki was cut WAY too think, had raw onions instead of fried, no miso, and no avocado like we are used to from Wasabi. It was a lesser quality cut of tuna and it showed in the taste and texture. AVOID this appetizer. The next noticeable and very major issue is that everything seemed, well, DIRTY. Our table was sticky. The bathroom stalls had garbage on the floor. The stall doors were covered in fingerprints....like they hadn't been wiped down in years. The sushi display cases had cloudy, dirty looking glass. In typical sushi restaurant fashion, the granite, tile, and upscale furnishings abounded, but when not kept clean, it cheapens the whole aesthetic. It made me wish they'd saved their money and just kept the cheaper furnishings clean. Additionally, the bartender was talking loudly to a couple at the sushi bar about at concert/festival/other event college kids attend and I overheard the "F word" twice. The sushi chefs seemed less than enthused to be there and two female servers spoke loudly in another language near us
for almost our entire meal. (Is that unsettling to anyone else?! I always feel like they are talking about me!)

Lastly, the hubs found the color changing lanterns, disco ball, and led-light show setup a little comical and not at all fitting with the rest of the decor. He joked that he was waiting for them to push all the tables aside and create a dance floor.

All in all, I doubt we'll be back. :(

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

Waiter recommended the seafood spring roll and it was delicious, as were the other appetizers that we made into a meal. And all appetizers were 50% off! We would go back.

Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

First new name is Sushi Blue. Not impressed with lunch box. Ordered 1130 when first opened and Kats chicken was dry, over cooked and no sauce. The sushi was poor quality for a sushi restaurant, dry stale taste (leftover). Ben to Box did not have rice which is odd. Had better at Ko Cha in West Ashley and they are located in a gas station not downtown Charleston.