“favorite with everyone”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2012

great lunch or dinner food at a good price in the heart of downtown. this is a locals' favorite. it is currently undergoing renovations, but should reopen very shortly

1  Thank dianak31

Reviewed 20 January 2012

This is another busy corner spot on King Street. A favorite among locals... and lots of shoppers stop here too. A fine wait staff, super menu offerings. Very diverse and unique menu. I love the Sweet Potato Fries.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

We lunch or dine here almost every time we are in Charleston, most recently on December 26, 2011. Sermet's never disappoints in atmosphere, food, or service. I especially like the soups and salads and have been known to indulge in a side order of sweet potato fries -- to die for! -- with a late-afternoon cocktail or glass of wine. Don't miss this place.

1  Thank BGElisabeth
Reviewed 8 January 2012

It was my birthday and reservations were made at a fine restaurant inside The Mill House hotel on Queen street. The menu was somewhat limited and the atmosphere was not upbeat so we ordered a pizza for a starter with a side salad and glsses of wine.The pizza was perfect to knock the edge off our huge appetite and we left to search for a more lively restaurant. Walking along King Street, we noticed Sermet's Corner and decided to walk in. There were tables available for immediate seating unlike many restaurants we passed on the way. The menu had a lot of seafood and we both ordered fish. When I asked our waitress to change the sauce on my dish, she said yes and I was able to get my red snapper prepared differently. My wife's dinner was also brought to the table the way she likes, in all separate dishes. They have a nice selection of wine by the glass and tap and bottled beer and serve warm homemade bread with heated olive oil. There is an open kitchen and a lively bar, so if you don't mind seeing alot of activity while you wait for your dinners to come out, this is the place for you. There is also a restaurant run by the same owner on Daniel Island where we had brunch once.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

We found this on King Street when looking for a place to go with kids. Sermet's was not listed in any of our guides, but was really excellent. I had a five-spice rubbed skirt steak with sweet potato fries. My wife had chicken and apples in a marsala cream sauce that she declared utterly delicious. The kids had noodles and sauce and a fresh Italian bread that one of my daughters gobbled up. All of this was also priced reasonably and delivered to our table really quickly.

They told us they were closing on Jan 1 for six weeks in order to open the second floor. When they re-open later this year, go find them and eat there. You won't regret it.

1  Thank Rabbit43