“Laid back and friendly. ”
Review of Edmund's Oast

Edmund's Oast
Ranked #65 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Edmund’s Oast is a restaurant like no other, because it’s so much more - a unique combination of brewery, seasonally-focused kitchen, and encyclopedic bar program. Scott Shor had the vision to bring these often-singular pursuits under one roof without sacrificing an inch of quality among them. The restaurant offers an elevated but approachable menu, providing guests a warm and exciting dining experience. Executive Chef Bob Cook’s distinctively dynamic menu includes bar snacks, house made charcuterie, small plates, heartier entrees, and classic desserts with a contemporary spin. The food is authentic without pretension, delivering an extraordinary dining experience inspired by the beverages featured on the menu.
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We dropped in here, about ten of us, for a drink before our meal next door (B&B). Good selection of beer and a full bar. Service at the bar was friendly and the weather was pleasant. We didn’t have anything to eat but based on the menu, the atmosphere the adjacent free parking and the service, this is a place I’ll come back to.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Hip place. I was probably the oldest guy there. Home brewed beer. I learned that an oast is a brew cauldron. Strange menu. I had grilled octopus over curried lentils. A friend got a “fish collar”. The chacuterie platter had things like fried spam and headcheese. All the food was good and excellent service even though the place was hopping. So if you are adventurous, give it a try. If not, you can always get the gourmet cheeseburger or flank steak.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant as a group of 8. Do not let the location put you off. It is located in an up and coming area of Charleston. We shared a large charcuterie plate, had some great locally brewed beer and wine and enjoyed entrees and dessert. We split the check. Our share was around $250.00, including tip. Still it was great. Service was great. Food was great. Atmosphere was great. Parking is available.This is not always the case in Charleston. Think this would be a great place to go try locally brewed beer with appetizers. Has a large bar and covered patio.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We're foodies and have been all over Charleston, eating a variety of different fares. And hands down, no contest, this is our favorite restaurant in town. From the service, to the ambiance, to the food, none can compare. My wife is vegan and they always accommodate her dietary restrictions--that's a plus. The price is right as well. And we love the rotating menu and specials; every time we go there is something different on the menu. And it's nice to have free parking right next to the place. Don't hesitate to book here--you won't regret it!

1  Thank GulliverTom
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I arrived late on Saturday. Because it was approaching New Year's, it was tough to get in anywhere but this restaurant was able to seat us outside and I appreciated that. Extra star for their flexibility. There were plenty of heaters outside so it was very comfortable even in the plunging temperatures.

The wine and the cheese plate was excellent. I ordered the hangar steak and it just wasn't the best I've ever had. Service was good, ambiance inside was cool but I don't think I'd return for dinner. But I did appreciate the flexibility after a long day of traveling. Would definitely return for wine and cheese though.