“Great Italian Food!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Meeting
Transit: Charleston City Marina Transit, the Downtown Trolley, and the Charleston Harbor Resort Trolley all drop off in front of restaurant.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had great service and a fun dinner at Mercato. I wasn't sure about having Italian food in Charleston, but the food was really well prepared. They also had a superb wine list. We split some appetizers, including a pizza and some calamari and then I had the gnocci for my entree. I loved Mercato and would definitely go there again!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had reservations during Restaurant Week, and the restaurant closed indefinately, January 5th
2014?

3  Thank Rick C
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stopped in on a busy Sunday night and were pleasantly surprised to get a nice table for two. Overall service was prompt, courteous and efficient. The atmosphere with music and lighting made for easy dinner conversation. Food was good but pricey. The only negative observation is that the brown paper table covering over the linen tablecloth was somewhat tacky.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I are both Italian. My father was from Italy and my husbands both sets of grandparents were from Italy so we know good gravy (sauce). All I can say is their red sauce is not good. We sat at the bar and had ziti. The bartender was good, I liked the specialty drink "The Italian Job" I think it was called and the jazz music.
We had a reservation to go for our anniversary but after tasting their sauce we cancelled it. We go to NYC regularly and maybe we should not compare it to SC but Il Mulino's in Little Italy now that's Italian, not to mention Casa Di Angelo in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
Sorry!

1  Thank Patty B
MercatoCharleston, Guest Relations Manager at Mercato, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Patty B, Thank you visiting Mercato and taking the time to share your experience via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your candor regarding both the areas in which we fulfilled your expectations and opportunities for improvement. All the best to you in 2014!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Being Italian from New Jersey, I wasn't expecting great Italian in Charleston. We went to Mercato and we're surprised just how good it was. Chicken Parm was tender and full of flavor, pasta was cooked just right. Swordfish was excellent. All in all a great restaurant.

MercatoCharleston, Guest Relations Manager at Mercato, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear CL D, Thank you for both dining with us and taking the time to share your experience via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your positive feedback and are happy to know we exceeded your expectations! We look forward to serving you again on a future visit to Charleston. All the best to you in 2014!