7 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$449
Agoda.comUS$449
Destinia.comUS$472
All reviews butler service welcome cocktail personal butler heated towel rack complimentary mini bar every morning boutique hotel hotel bar night cap breakfast in bed fabulous hotel turn down service huge bathroom breakfast is served the entire staff dinner reservations beautiful room
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2021

We loved this hotel. It should be rated as a solid Five Star Hotel. It was small enough to be quaint but big enough to have all the amenities of a major hotel. The Butler service was phenomenal we were brought tea every night (as we requested) and breakfast every morning. The location was perfect, a quick walk to the waterfront, the market, and amazing restaurants. They were building a hotel across the street, but we didn’t hear any construction noise. Even though the Covid-19 pandemic was still in full swing, we felt very safe as the cleaning and precautions taken were thorough. We can’t wait to go back!

Date of stay: February 2021
Carlo Carroccia, General Manager at The Spectator, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2021

Dear "954vickid",

Thank you for writing this wonderful review of The Spectator!

We are so pleased to hear that you loved stay at our luxury boutique property, as we loved hosting you! Thank you so much for complimenting us on our signature butler service, our cleanliness protocols, our ideal downtown location, and our inclusive amenities.

We can't wait to see you on your next trip to Charleston and we thank you for being our valued guest!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2021

We split our long weekend between Charleston and Savannah, and stayed at the Spectator the first night. I wish now we would've stayed there all 4 nights. By far, this hotel goes out of its way to make the guests feel like they belong and are welcome. From the welcome drink, to the room, to the way were greeted every single time we walked into the lobby - I've never found a hotel who made you feel so welcome and not just a body moving through. Our butler, basically walked us to our dinner location and then proceeded to map out 2 walking tours of Charleston, highlighting special areas. It was amazing. And again, we stayed at 2 other hotels - both of which were lovely but couldn't touch the friendliness and concentration that was put on us at the Spectator.

Date of stay: February 2021
Carlo Carroccia, General Manager at The Spectator, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2021

Dear "Ckinsey68",

Thank you for writing this 5-star Tripadvisor review!

It is so nice to know that you had a wonderful stay with us at The Spectator. Thank you very much for complimenting us on our caring and welcoming service, as we try our best to allow guests to relax and be the best version of themselves while they stay at the hotel. It is also great to hear that our inclusive amenities and our ideal downtown location were to your liking.

We appreciate you as our guest and can't wait to see you again!

Hospitably,

Reviewed February 18, 2021 via mobile

I am frequent traveler with status on Delta and through Marriott and Hilton. I am loyal to those brands because status usually results in being treated “special” and with “extra courtesy” and I value customer service. The Spectator exceeded my expectations for service. From the front desk staff, to our Butler Chuck, to Nick the night manager, and the many others we interacted with, The Spectator provided a level of TLC that I’ve never experienced before - even at a Four Seasons, Ritz, Waldorf, or St.Regis property. The closest thing to that level of attentiveness would be a Disney Cruise. Anyone who is looking for a “home away from home” in historic Charleston, I highly recommend The Spectator. A continental breakfast brought to your room, complementary snacks/sodas/waters in the room refrigerator, accommodated gluten-free food needs, arranged with me pre-checking in fir certain things, and a Butler who attends to our needs and even helped us understand their TV system - the service and experience was legendary.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank brianmeshkin

Dear "brianmeshkin"

Greetings from The Spectator Hotel, located in the heart of Charleston!

On behalf of the entire hotel team, thank you for your kind words about our luxury boutique property. We are nothing without the hard work and dedication from our colleagues - I appreciate you complimenting Chuck, Nick, and the entire team on their efforts. Your kind words will be shared with throughout the hotel, as this will continue to motivate our staff to provide exceptional service to all of our guests.

It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again. Have a great rest of your day!

Reviewed February 16, 2021

Of all the hotels I have ever stayed at, this one is by far my favorite. Hands down! The staff goes out of the way to be accommodating. The person butler service is a fantastic touch. Every staff member I passed during my entire stay stopped to greet me and wish me well for the day.

Date of stay: February 2021
Carlo Carroccia, General Manager at The Spectator, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2021

Dear "E3931IPjays"

Greetings from downtown Charleston and thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about your experience at The Spectator !

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your kind words about our luxury boutique property. We are truly honored to be called your favorite hotel. It was a pleasure to serve you and I was very much delighted to hear that our colleagues made such a positive impact on you.

If I can ever be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you for staying at The Spectator, and we hope to see you again !

With highest regards,

Reviewed February 14, 2021 via mobile

We are regular visitors to Charleston (at least two or three visits a year), and after years of trial and error with many hotels there, have narrowed our hotel choices considerably when planning a visit. The Spectator is one of our very favorites; the rooms are quite generous and well-appointed, the employees are all exceedingly nice and hospitable, the included breakfast is always top shelf, and the lobby bar pictured) is actually one of my favorites in town, with a delightful staff, excellent mixologists, and creative selection. We highly recommend staying here!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Carlo Carroccia, General Manager at The Spectator, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2021

Dear "Destination76782",

Greetings from downtown Charleston and The Spectator Hotel!

Thank you so much for providing your feedback to the TripAdvisor community in this detailed 5-star review. I am so pleased to hear that our inclusive amenities, our luxurious boutique ambiance, our craft cocktail bar, and our personalized service all made for a unique hotel experience.

We are very appreciative of you as our valued guest and honored to know that we are now your favorite Charleston lodging spot. We can't wait to see you again and wish you all the best!

Hospitably,