“Excellent food and service”

Thai Elephants Restaurant
Ranked #310 of 1,017 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Visiting from out of town, found this on TripAdvisor and gave it a try. Excellent food, we had green curry, Panama curry and pad thai. Attentive service and one of the nicest and cleanest restrooms I have seen.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

It took a second to find in the little shopping center, but it was was well worth it. I went for lunch and tried the Pad Woon Sen with beef and it was so good! The meat was tender and flavorful, the veggies were crisp, and the glass noodles were done well. Our server was sweet and attentive and the prices were reasonable for the portion. It was enough for me to take home and enjoy again later. I’d love to come back and try more of their dishes.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Nice, clean little restaurant near the shoreline. Bathroom clean and tables.

Staff was very friendly and understanding.

Food was good and tasty, maybe a bit on the salty end for me. Though, for the price I had expected a little more. I think $19 for a few pieces of duck is overpriced in comparison to many other Thai restaurants I’ve dine at.

Nothing special, just your typical Thai restaurant with a higher priced menu, wine, and Sushi.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed November 12, 2017

We had terrible service and the food was nothing special. Prices were high and the food took a really long time. Waitress never came by to check on us before or after our meals came. Maybe it was an off night but the vibe was very weird so we will not be back.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 20, 2017

My favorite spot for Thai on James Island! So happy they have started delivering, but dining in is great because of the beautiful carved furniture pieces. I love the food but as others have said, it is a bit pricey for the actual amount of food that you get. We typically pay $60 for 2 people with no leftovers. This was not always the case - prices have stayed relatively consistent while portion sizes have seemingly shrunk. Still willing to pay for the delicious food, but our trips have been less frequent as a result. Nevertheless, I still absolutely recommend this place!

Date of visit: October 2017