“Long weekend fun”

Charleston Food Tours
Ranked #10 of 30 Food & Drink in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Charleston Food Tours will take you on a culinary adventure through Charleston, SC. You’ll walk, talk, and taste your way through history, learning how Lowcountry cuisine has evolved over the past 300 years. Each tour visits downtown Charleston culinary staples, where you can sample sweet tea, stone-ground grits, benne wafers, southern pralines, collard greens, BBQ, chicken & dumplings, fried green tomatoes, and house-made bruschetta. Go behind the scenes into some of the city’s most talked about restaurants, meet the chefs, and learn about the restaurant’s rich history. These informative tours are ideal for both casual fans of the culinary arts and the hardcore foodie.
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

I acted as “your guide” to a couple who’ve never been to Charleston and I come here often.
I did a food tour the last time I visited and I thoroughly enjoyed not only the food but the history associated with every place we went.
The tour guide was knowledgeable and the tour company did not disappoint me.
I will recommend this your company wholeheartedly

Date of experience: September 2018
"great guide"
"wealth of knowledge"
"walking tour"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"carriage tour"
"fran"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2018

The food was amazing, and several types served at each locale, which is different from some we have been on, where only one small sample was served. We left being stuffed over the top. Our guide poured a steady stream of information about the cuisine and the history: fascinating and high on drama, but a bit more than we could take in, Definite don't miss this, however.

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

For all the great food in Charleston, the food on this trip was very average for the price. I really expected the guide to talk about points of interest in the city, but he didn’t. I’ve been on food tours before that were far more fun and informational.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time on this tour. Our guide, Beth Briggs, entertained our group with all kinds of fun facts as we sampled some of Charleston’s favorite foods. There were several food tours to choose from. We chose a morning tour to give us ideas for our evening activities. We will be trying them all as we re-visit Charleston. I recommend this tour and Beth as your guide.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Wow, the Food tour exceeded all my expectations. I’m a foodie and had no idea what to expect. There were twelve of us and our tour guide, Mary was a wealth of knowledge! She told us the history of the food and then trying it was the cherry on the top. She even took us to a Spice Store. The walking was super easy and the service at each restaurant was excellent! I learned more history than I did from any other tour. I highly recommend adding the tour to your visit to Charleston!

Date of experience: July 2018