Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$309
FindHotelUS$309
TravelocityUS$309
CheapTicketsUS$309
Orbitz.comUS$309
TripadvisorUS$309
1,174 results
All reviews harris teeter exposed beams wine and cheese high ceilings rooftop terrace grocery store across the street cookies east bay junior suite first floor historic district rooms are huge king bed yogurt wine hour street noise city market
Selected filters
Reviewed May 16, 2019

I was very happy we got to stay at the Ansonborough Inn, since the previous time I was in Charleston, it was booked. I absolutely loved the character of the inn as soon as we walked in, and we were immediately greeted by a friendly face at the front desk.

Our junior suite was truly unique with the high ceilings and historical furnishings. There was plenty of space for our family of three. And staff were extremely helpful and accommodating when our little one accidentally locked us out of the bathroom about 20 minutes after checking in.

The hospitality lounge is a real treat, with plenty of options for continental breakfast and a wine and cheese hour in the mid-afternoon.

The location was perfect for us, as we were in walking distance of the things we planned to do during our stay. The City Market is nearby, as are plenty of dining options and the carriage tours. We also loved that Harris Teeter was next door for any grocery needs.

If we go back to Charleston, I would not hesitate to stay at Ansonborough Inn again. Even my husband really thought it was cool, and he's not always super impressed with places we stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank emmygreen
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review to TripAdvisor! I am absolutely delighted to see that your perseverance paid off and you were able to enjoy a much-anticipated visit to Ansonborough Inn! It is great to know that throughout your time with us you encountered helpful and competent staff who were able to address whatever situation arose. I am also pleased to know that you found our property to be situated in a truly convenient location for your explorations of Charleston. (I am also really glad to see that your husband approved, too!) Thanks again for posting this review and, more importantly, thank you for choosing Ansonborough Inn. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

This was one of the few places in Charleston that doesn’t charge an arm and a leg for a room. Upon arrival we were informed that we had been upgraded to a suite. Sweet!! The room was spacious, clean an well appointed. Towels were nice and thick...fluffy. We put the “do not disturb” sign on the door when we left for the day as we felt that they didn’t need to bother with our room. We came back & outside the door was a backer of fresh towel, sundries & coffee. Nice touch. Breakfast was adequate. Fruit, make your own waffles, yogurt, tasty potatoes with sausage, onions & peppers. Oatmeal, muffins & danish along with several juices & coffee. Staff was helpful & friendly. Location is perfect...we walked everywhere. Never moved the vehicle. Parking is right across the street. Cruise ships & container ships could be seen coming & going from our room. The Inn is situated next to the port & right across the street is a grocery store. 2 blocks from Market St. It was perfect!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 124kellyi

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review to TripAdvisor! I am delighted to see that you found our rates highly competitive for Charleston's historic district. It is also wonderful to know that your room was comfortable and spacious. It's great to see that we were able to provide you with a surprise upgrade to an even better room than what was reserved. I am also happy to learn that you found our location ideal to exploring all of Charleston. Thanks again for posting this review to TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing Ansonborough Inn. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

I’ve stayed at the Ansonborough Inn on 2 separate occasions, once with my sisters and once with my family. My preference for staying at a place like this..better with my sisters or for a couples retreat. The
History and the ambiance was wasted on my kids! Having said that however, the proximity to everything was perfect for the family because we could literally walk wherever we wanted to go. I will definitely stay again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review to TripAdvisor and thank you for repeatedly choosing Ansonborough Inn as lodging for yours visit to Charleston. I am so happy that we have had the perfect room for two different configurations you needed during your time at our property. I am delighted to see that our location was perfect for your explorations of Charleston and that we have exceeded your expectations both times you stayed with us. Thanks again for posting this review and for choosing Ansonborough Inn--we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2019

This was our first time visiting Charleston. No doubt I was delighted to see that our hotel room was big and the furnishings comfortable. Breakfast was provided every morning between 6:30 and 10 a.m. with a lot of choices to choose from. At 5 p.m. the hotel has a wine and cheese hour where their guest can meet in the breakfast dining area and engage in conversation. Like most hotels there is a media room and exercise workout room. The hotel also has plenty of parking and is within walking distance of the down town area.
One of the things I enjoyed most about the hotel was the paintings and antique furniture displayed throughout the hotel. If I was bored all I had to do is step outside of my room and wonder around the hotel looking at the paintings. It never got old and I found it to be quite entertaining.
I also enjoyed engaging in conversation with the hotel staff and management.. Super great folks and always willing to accommodate. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling or just visiting the city of Charleston.

Room tip: I would venture to say they are all good rooms and maintained excellently!
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this lovely review to TripAdvisor! I am delighted to see that you chose Ansonborough Inn as lodging for your inaugural visit to Charleston. I am so happy to see that you were pleased by our property and that you thoroughly enjoyed walking around the hotel, taking in the artwork and furnishings. We really enjoyed having you stay with us and talking to you throughout your visit. I hope you have the chance to take a second trip to Charleston and that we will see you again. Thanks again for sharing this review and, more importantly, thank you for choosing Ansonborough Inn!

Reviewed May 1, 2019

This is a lovely old hotel. Each room is unique. We had a suite with a huge combo living room/bedroom. Our room was on the main road so there was street noise during the evening/night. Daily breakfast and wine and cheese in the evenings makes this feel like home. We enjoyed meeting other guests and sharing our activities. An outdoor terrace on the top of the building is a comfortable place to look out over the harbor.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review to TripAdvisor! I am so happy to see that Ansonborough Inn felt like your home-away-from-hone during your recent visit to Charleston. It is wonderful to know that you even had the opportunity to meet some other guests while you were here. Thanks again for sharing this review to TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing Ansonborough Inn. We hope to see you again soon!