All reviews wine and cheese four poster great location hot tub private balcony yogurt meeting street within walking distance city market historic district lovely courtyard southern charm happy hour hardwood floors shrimp and grits hard boiled eggs crackers
Reviewed June 25, 2016

We stayed during a weekend getaway. Very historical. The rooms have the old time feel to them. They have the large canopy beds with a small stool to get onto the bed. Old armoires for you to hang your clothes. They served punch every afternoon. The staff were amazing. So friendly and willing to help you with anything. So nice to get your breakfast and sit it the small courtyard. The location is perfect for walking around old Charleston. So much to see and do in that area. If I was staying in Old Charleston again I would definitely be staying at the Meeting Street Inn.

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed June 22, 2016

Wife and I decided to take a quick overnight trip to Charleston in early May and found a great rate for this inn on Orbitz

Arrived in Charleston and the place was easy to find. Centrally located, check in was extremely easy - the only issue was that we had to park our car a couple of blocks down the street at one of their sister hotels, the Indigo Inn but that wasn't really a big issue.

Our room was on the third floor in the back of the building. There are two elevators on the property that quickly got us to our floor. We had requested and received a King room. and found it to be more than satisfactory - four poster bed, hardwood floors, period appropriate furnishings, flatscreen TV, room safe and......wallpaper galore, lol! The bathroom was clean but could use a bit of updating - water pressure was fine, plenty of hot water and there was a hair dryer along with the usual complimentary bath products. The inn seemed more a B&B than anything else.

After we checked out the room, we went for a walk into the historic district and being right in the middle of it made it extremely convenient! Returned to the hotel and changed for our dinner reservation. Headed down to the courtyard where they had complimentary cheese and wine - the courtyard is very lovely with a great breeze and the smell of Confederate Jasmine was heavy in the air. Plenty of chairs and tables and even an extremely small pool! The walk to dinner (Poogan's Porch) took no more than 8-9 minutes and that was walking at a snail's pace.

After dinner, a short walk to Bay Street and then back to the hotel. The room did have a small Juliette balcony with a couple of chairs and a small table and we tried to make use of it but one chair butted up to the AC unit and while we did see some city lights, the main view was of the Wells Fargo bank next door.

The King bed was quite comfy, however it was extremely high - good thing there was a step stool as my 5'2" wife would have needed to be pulled up onto it, lol!

The next morning, we went down for the complimentary breakfast - the main areas were full of people but we easily found a place to sit further down the courtyard by the pool. Breakfast was excellent! The obligatory coffee, juice, fruit, yogurt and muffins/bagels but also a delicious danish, hot breakfast sandwich, hard boiled eggs and more.

The staff definitely made the place, though - extremely courteous and helpful

Will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank Herfnerd
Reviewed June 22, 2016

The people are sweet and the Inn is charming. I loved the court yard was relaxing. Loved the breakfast and wine/appetizers. The rooms are comfortable. Bathrooms are a little out dated. You can't beat the location.

Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

Everyone here is super duper friendly and very helpful. Hats off for the services they provide. If you're visiting for the first time, it's perfect because you'll get all the information you need at this stop. Right in the centre of town, cosy comfy Inn that will take you back in time with its amazing history and peaceful atmosphere. Had an awesome time and met some really lovely people(staff)... Great work keep it going.... Thank you for your hospitality, will see you's soon..

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AllenBJ, Guest Relations Manager at The Meeting Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2016

Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to your next visit!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2016

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Charleston from out of state. The hotel is super cute and quaint. We stayed on the bottom floor right next to the jacuzzi. The rooms were clean and cozy. The vanity is huge and the room had a separate toilet/shower room. The service was great. They serve a delicious hot breakfast, not your typical continental hotel stuff, but an actually hot breakfast. They had eggs, beef and hash, biscuits and gravy, bagels, toast, fruit, cereals, yogurt, hot drinks and fresh juices, etc. From 4-5pm there is wine, cheese and crackers and dip every day in the lobby. My husband used the jacuzzi every evening and loved it. I couldn't since I get eaten alive by mosquitos so I prefer to stay indoors in the evenings. I did have something awful happen to me while staying here, though. Since the hotel is aged and the doors have a gap between the frame and the door, and we were on the first floor and SC is known for cockroaches, I had an inclining that there will be roaches. And boy was I right. I am 17 weeks pregnant and feeling quiet nauseated all the time and sometimes my body gives up and I have to do what most pregnant women do. Run to the toilet to empty my insides. Well. This happened to me in the middle of the night. I specifically prepared my flip-flops for my midnight trip to the bathroom but I just couldn't find them in the dark and since I had to act quick I ran to the bathroom barefoot. The beds are really high up with a step stool so it makes it challenging to reach for your shoes while you're still sitting on the bed, that could've been the problem with locating my flipflops during the night. Anyways, I did my business in the bathroom and needed to walk over to the vanity to brush my teeth and get some water from the fridge. As I am walking in the dark, I step on something squishy. Hmm. I ate some grapes the night before so I thought to myself "I wonder how I didn't notice dropping a grape on the floor the night before...???" Weird. Anyway, I brush my teeth, drink some water and go back to sleep. The next morning I wake up with a terrible headache and nausea and follow my husband to the vanity to brush my teeth. He was already brushing his teeth when I look down at the floor and see a squished roach!!!!!!!!! I freak out, realize what happened the night before and shriek. Mind you, I live in Seattle. We do not have roaches. At all. They freak me out. My poor unsuspecting husband hears my shriek and literally jumps backwards and lands on the vanity. I show him why I am freaking out and we "kind of" have a laugh about it. It's funny, but I do not wish this incident upon anyone. Not only was there a roach in our room, I stepped on it with my bare feet. That's pretty gross. I called the front desk and told them my story and they laughed but didn't even offer an apology or reassure me that roaches are not typically found at this establishment. Huh. So, I am not sure if roaches are a problem at this hotel, or not, but I did get at least one. For those of you who are like me and do not wish to run or step on a roach in the middle of the night, maybe ask for a room on a higher floor? I am not sure if that makes a difference or not? Those of you who are totally fine with roaches, ignore my incident. Because, otherwise, it was a great hotel. :)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We are very sorry you encountered some of our "local wildlife" while you were here. We have pest control in the rooms on a regular basis, but as anyone who lives in the South knows, palmetto bugs are unfortunately very hardy little buggers & difficult to completely control. Thank you for the positive feedback and please give us another chance--possibly on a higher floor--on your next visit!!