“The finest tour guide in Charleston!”

Introducing Charleston
Ranked #19 of 236 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: No one knows Charleston like a native! Walk her historic streets and narrow alleys with me and see the elegance of bygone eras in Charleston, aka The holy City. Through Colonial times, the Revolutionary and Civil wars, up through the Renaissance period, you will experience the magic of living history.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Tom was waiting for us when we exited our hotel. From there, we began the most enjoyable morning of our vacation. We drove to various starting points where we would walk through historic Charleston. As we strolled along, Tom was giving us excellent, entertaining, but accurate information, building a timeline of historical events leading to the development and evolution of the old city, and the richness and importance of it's place in the formation of America.

All reviews
"exceptional tour guide"
"engaging personality"
"fountain of knowledge"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend taking a tour"
"his hometown"
"enjoyable morning"
"beloved city"

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We had a three hour walk and drive tour with Tom. Tom was very knowledgeable and entertaining. He knows the history and gives us insights on what happened in each location. But also he points out interesting points on every corner of downtown Charleston to educate us. He knows so much that he seems to know who owned which house in what year! This tour is better than the usual walking tour because he drives to take us to four or five different places so it is quite efficient. I have taken many guided tours in the U.S. And in Europe but this was one of the best experience.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Tom walked myself and my 17 year old son around Charleston.

He was incredibly informative and animated.

We enjoyed him very much.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

My sisters and I were celebrating my sisters birthday! Tom was just fantastic. I am physically challenged and having the tour to be both walking and driving was perfect. Beforehand, Tom gave me all kinds of recommendations about things to do and where to eat, He even pulled his magic and helped us with getting reservations. Tom made my sisters and I feel SO special. He LOVED sharing his beloved city with us. He was so warm and friendly. We had such an awesome visit to Charleston and felt Tom’s enthusiasm that all of us wIll come back. TAKE THIS TOUR. You will love it. Tom makes you feel at home!!
Maureen G

Tom M, Owner at Introducing Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thanks for your review. I too enjoyed meeting you and your sisters during your birthday visit and had a good time 'Introducing Charleston' to y'all...!

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 January 2018

My husband and I spent the afternoon touring Charleston with Tom. It was a wonderful way to explore the city and was a very informative tour of just 4 people (we wanted a small private tour rather than a large mob of tourists since we like asking lots of questions)! We learned all about the city's fascinating history, including it's architecture, culture, and prominent figures from the colonial era through reconstruction wth some fun stories and myths thrown in.

Tom himself is a true southern gentleman, a proud sixth generation Charlestonian! Before even arriving, Tom was very responsive to emails. He provided several great restaurant recommendations so we could book ahead of time and was kind enough to add us on to the tour of another couple when our flight was cancelled last minute (luckily they agreed). He felt like a new friend by the end of our trip!