Review Highlights
Driving/Walking Tour

We hired Tom for a 3-hour driving/walking tour. We decided that it would be impossible to hire a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
1202marilynl
Richmond, Texas, United States
via mobile
Great afternoon!

Tom gave my husband and I very comprehensive introduction to Charleston. He was very knowledgable... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
ddh81
Amelia Island, Florida
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Charleston
from US$20.00
from US$57.24
from US$49.82
from US$29.00
More Info
All reviews southern gentleman fourth generation walk drive tom's tour driving tour wealth of knowledge beautiful city his hometown personable man southern gem we highly recommend taking private tour engaging personality restaurant recommendations beloved city his life enjoyable morning
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We had a three hour walk and drive tour with Tom. Tom was very knowledgeable and entertaining. He knows the history and gives us insights on what happened in each location. But also he points out interesting points on every corner of downtown Charleston to educate us. He knows so much that he seems to know who owned which house in what year! This tour is better than the usual walking tour because he drives to take us to four or five different places so it is quite efficient. I have taken many guided tours in the U.S. And in Europe but this was one of the best experience.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 16, 2018

Tom walked myself and my 17 year old son around Charleston.

He was incredibly informative and animated.

We enjoyed him very much.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed January 27, 2018

My sisters and I were celebrating my sisters birthday! Tom was just fantastic. I am physically challenged and having the tour to be both walking and driving was perfect. Beforehand, Tom gave me all kinds of recommendations about things to do and where to eat, He even pulled his magic and helped us with getting reservations. Tom made my sisters and I feel SO special. He LOVED sharing his beloved city with us. He was so warm and friendly. We had such an awesome visit to Charleston and felt Tom’s enthusiasm that all of us wIll come back. TAKE THIS TOUR. You will love it. Tom makes you feel at home!!
Maureen G

Date of experience: December 2017
Tom M, Owner at Introducing Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Thanks for your review. I too enjoyed meeting you and your sisters during your birthday visit and had a good time 'Introducing Charleston' to y'all...!

Reviewed January 16, 2018

My husband and I spent the afternoon touring Charleston with Tom. It was a wonderful way to explore the city and was a very informative tour of just 4 people (we wanted a small private tour rather than a large mob of tourists since we like asking lots of questions)! We learned all about the city's fascinating history, including it's architecture, culture, and prominent figures from the colonial era through reconstruction wth some fun stories and myths thrown in.

Tom himself is a true southern gentleman, a proud sixth generation Charlestonian! Before even arriving, Tom was very responsive to emails. He provided several great restaurant recommendations so we could book ahead of time and was kind enough to add us on to the tour of another couple when our flight was cancelled last minute (luckily they agreed). He felt like a new friend by the end of our trip!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent a lovely afternoon touring Charleston with our guide Tom. We prefer very small groups for touring because you can converse with your guide and others which is preferable to being herded like cattle on larger tours. You learn a lot more this way as well.

Tom is extremely knowledgeable and generous with his time. We definitely got to see and learn more about Charleston than we ever would have on our own. We highly recommend touring with Tom!

Date of experience: November 2017