“Lovely location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
toronto
“Lovely location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

We had a suite at this hotel and it was definitely one of the nicest Hampton Inns we have stayed at.
The patio area by the pool has a big screen tv and a fireplace. Nice exercise room and our room looked over the lake.
The service at the front desk was very good-they gave us discount coupons for a nearby restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Trustmetrotravel,

Sounds like you had the chance to experience one of our master suites, and I am glad you had the lake view... it is a favorite among travelers!! We love our new patio, nothing like enjoy a cozy, relaxing afternoon in an outdoor living room-rather you were cuddled up next to the fireplace or watching the TV it is our goal to make you feel at home! We take our service seriously and strive to make each stay unique for our guest. We hope to have you back for a visit again soon!

Thanks for the good review & safe travels,

Mellisa Ayer
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

This has to be one of the best Hampton Inns in the Carolinas. Situated in an area near many restaurants, a major mall and just far enough off the freeway to be quiet.
The staff here knows how to make you feel special, too. Every time I passed the front desk, someone would greet me by name. I stay here on business when I am in the Columbia area, but my wife and I stayed for several nights for a marathon event nearby. A few days later, we even got a card from Zenobia
Do yourself a favor and walk around to the backside of the Inn and see the lake. There is a great walking path around it and it is a nice place to start or end your day.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Paul,

First, let me tell you how much we appreciate you staying with us while in town on business. If there is ever anything I may do for you or your company do not be shy in letting me know!! I am so glad you & your wife stayed with us during the marathon, it was great to be a part of your group as the host hotel. We are already working on January 2013's booking, but I do hope you will be back before then!!

Zenobia is great, but all of our staff is wonderful about those special touches. It is our goal to speak to every guest, every time rather with just kindness or an unexpected delight! We love our location, minutes from downtown, within walking distance to Harbison Shopping & Entertainment District, but still tucked away quietly on Lake Harbison. I am glad you enjoy the walking trail around the lake and keep in mind we also have bikes for a cruise around the lake if you would like to switch out your cardio routine!!

Hope to see you again soon & safe travels in the meantime,

Mellisa Ayer
Director of Sales
LINDEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Hotel right of I26 just west of Columbia. Very clean and excellent service. All employes are concerned about your visit. Room was very well furnished and a very good bed. Breakfast was typical self serve but was very good and very clean area. I will make this my hotel fro my annual winter trip to Florida. Located near a number of good restaurants.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

Staff was extremely helpful. In fact they were kind enough to upgrade my room at no extra cost because they were out of the type I needed. The room was out of this world. They have very friendly people at the front desk that I deal with named Zenobia, Brandy and Tia. They will go the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied. I am also impressed with how they check on you to make sure everything is ok.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Rome, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stay at many Hampton Inn's when I travel for work, but the staff at this Hampton Inn went above and beyond with their Hospitality. They called me by name every time they saw me and asked how I was doing and if I needed anything. I was so impressed, and you will be well taken care of if you choose to stay at this location.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

This is a great Hampton Inn, everything was awesome. The people at the Front Desk were great, I even borrowed one of their phone chargers to charge my phone for a little while in the morning before we left. Tia, the Guest Service Manager, was wonderful, she went above and beyond... with a smile. The next time we visit Columbia again, we will definitely stay there!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

We were here for a wedding. This particular Hampton (there seem to be other Hamptons in Columbia) is a little ways from the downtown, but Columbia is so small that I could recommend this for anyone's stay in Columbia. It's right off the highway, but it's sunken down away from the nearby chain restaurants and road so they can't even be seen from the hotel - It's on a beautiful lake - the setting is really nice. Clean lovely rooms, excellent free breakfast that rotates every day, free coffee and fruit and toiletries, and an exceedingly friendly staff who go out of their way for you, and all the computer amenities you'd need including free WiFi. Everything appeared very new. We really enjoyed our stay. Also, NICE beds and bedding. Big TV with gaming thing. Beautiful bathrooms.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends