“Worst Hotel, very dirty”

Extended Stay America - Columbia - West
Ranked #65 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I came to columbia, SC for a job. My apartment my company was putting me in was not ready yet so they reserved me a hotel for a couple of nights. The first thing was I walked in the Lobby to a businessman yelling at the desk clerk bc internet was down. They did not seem to care that it was down. With an extended stay that is a problem now days with many business people needing internet to work or communicate. I walked in to the room and it stunk! the floor was nasty-did not want to walk barefoot. the kitchen was not clean. I even saw on the carpet what looked like blood stains. There appeared to be mold or mildew on the mattress. I slept horrible. Me and my boyfriend both felt like things were crawling on us all night. and with the bed bug scare going on right now. i was nervous. The next morning i called my company and requested they switch me hotels. they did! They had no idea the hotel was this bad.

Room Tip: Don't come here
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 March 2011

Use caution when reserving this property! Bed has no Blanket! Weekend trash piles up all weekend. Shower volume is equal to that of a fire hydrant, I thought the South was in the middle of a drought! So much water comes out of shower head that it leaks all over the bathroom and adjoining kitchen floor. When asking for 1 aditional pillow (the room had 2) the front desk said they had none and would have none. We have stayed at Extended Stay properties before but this one needs to be avoided until management puts some effort into it.
Caution, Caution, Caution.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2011

This place was absolutely disgusting...the worst Extended Stay I've EVER stayed at! The first room I was put in had questionable dark stains on the carpet and chair (I swear they were dried blood; I don't know what else they could have possibly been), the toilet and tub we're dirty, and there were BUGS. I was afraid to lay my infant daughter on the bed...there were several cigarette burns in the sheets, and the pillow cases were dirty. The stove was clean enough, but the freezer door was stuck shut. When I opened it, it looked like something had melted in there? I complained, and was moved to another room.

the next room was much better, compared to the first, but it still wasn't as clean as it should be. i still wouldn't lay my daughter directly on the bed, and i slept in my clothes. it was bad enough having to put my head/face on the pillow =/ the bathroom and kitchen were clean enough. i wish i'd taken pictures; from now on, i'm going too!

DO NOT STAY HERE! I booked it because I get coupons thru my email, and have never had a bad experience with ESA...but I'm never staying at one again. Screw the $20 back. I'd rather pay more for a good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MommyMarcelino
Reviewed 27 April 2009

as my title reads,k I waas very pleased with my room. We got a deal on the room at 1/2 price which I thouhgt was awesome. The room had a small kitchen in it with a 2-burner stove, which I thouhg was great because I could spend under 5 dollars and buy eggs, bread and grits and make a nice breakfast, which covers for the missing contenintal(however you spell it) breakfast. It was MUCH nicer than the Scottish Inn that we were going to stay in(it looked ragedly from the outside).The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I had to pay 4.99 for wi-fi, but other than that I would Definitey stay here againg an I would rec. it to anyone. B Blessed

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2008

the management is very very bad. i am going to file a discrimination report. one of the manager has judged people by race, sex origin, and age. other managers left to fill in for him were also poor managers. by this i mean they was given orders to lock people out without a key to let them back in. my son has been locked out for 2 nights, the front desk set and talked on the phone with several of there friends for approx. 4 hours while attempting to so calling the manager. i have no idea who is in charge. my son sat for 8 hours withoput any food or clean clothing. they would not or could not let him in the room because of ADAM. I also know that money is misssing from the register because of ADAM, by overhearing conversations by phone .overhearing converstation by ADAM talking to him friends, the management has left employees and customers ifo out for the public to view

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank redreed4401
Reviewed 17 September 2007

-Co-Worker had to change room due to large stain on bed

-Room either not been used or cleaned in a while

-Gnats

-Toilet Leaking

-Coffee Pot leaking

-Large hole in wall

-Upon waking, no towels or wash cloths in bathroom & front desk not open before 7am

-Checked out after only 13 hours

-Locked Out (No Additional Keys Available)

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 August 2007

I called Priceline to formally file a complaint about the hotel the night of my stay. The hotel was overbooked and they tried initiatially to send me to ESA Fort Jackson, but I refused to be moved. They gave me a room but the room was filthy (toilet looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in a month, condoms in one dresser drawer, cigarette ashes in another dresser drawer, 1 + inch gap under the door to the outside, etc.). I went to the office to complain and the girl working the desk wasn't shocked and was very embarrassed. She offered to send me to the other hotel again (Ft. Jackson) and said that the Ft. Jackson ESA was nicer (which is was).

The girl working the front desk was fantastic, she was put in a tough spot and handled it very professionally. But, the hotel was in horrible shape. I'm not extremely picky when it comes to hotels, really all I ask is that they be clean. The staff couldn't even guarantee me that the sheets had actually been changed.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business