New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Ramada Limited Columbia

Ramada Limited Columbia
Ranked #44 of 97 Hotels in Columbia
new jersey
“Stuck in the 70's and breakfast was frozen bagels etc”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This place would not be my first choice of places to stay if traveling through this area again. The place looked like it was stuck in the 70s and the carpeting and bedspreads kind of skeeved me out. My daughter and I stayed at a number of places over the last week as we looked at colleges and this was the worst place we stayed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jay P, Manager at Ramada Limited Columbia, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
i hope this traveller is not getting confused with other hotels as he mentioned they have been staying at different hotels because we do not serve frozen bagels and our bedding includes contemporary duvet and skirt instead of bedspreads.......more than happy to text the picture of bedding if anyone needs it

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed one night in March 2012. I read the reviews, but still had my doubts. I asked to see a king nonsmoking room before I decided to stay. The manager showed me #201. The carpet was cleaned that morning and the room was attractively decorated, although some of the furniture was slightly dated. The bathroom was large and spotless with all the amenities I needed. The room was as clean as any Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn that I have stayed in--but the rate was half of what the others hotels charge. I was staying alone and felt very safe with the location and with the other clientele. Excellent value for the price!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank lovetotravel486
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

The good reviews you read have it RIGHT !. My travels keep me on the go. Now even moreso than in the past . I have stayed at this property on average of 4-8 stays a month for past 6 months when in Columbia. Excellent Vaule for your $$$. Would recommend for business traveler, personal stay or economical stay with significant other. I have no significant issues or complaints in entire time. An A/C unit went onut once and I had to relocated to a different room. No big deal. Foresee it always as one of my preferred stays in Columbia area.

Not a 5 star or diamond property obviously but you not being charged for one so you shouldn't expect that. Convieniently located on Garner Lane frontage road near Broad River rd I-20 exit 65 just above Dutch Square. within 15 min of downtown or Harbison or Sandhill/ Northeast areas, local venues, theatres, Riverbanks Zoo, Colonial Life Arena, Koger Center, William Brice Stadium and Carolina Stadium. Several bars and restaurants in area. Whatever your taste. Some even within walking distance. One will get more than your value at a stay at this location.

Always Friendly and Accomodating Staff Consistent, fair pricing. One of FEW hotels in the area with good quality and consistent reasonable pricing. Additionally I have observed property management is very conscious and proactive with upgrading or renovation opportunites or addressing any needed maintenance in a timely manner.

The included free continental breakfast is better than one will get a lot of places even for a cost. Not a coffe drinker so I can't vouch for the coffee one way or the other but coffee, juice , waffles, fruits, cereal, oatmel, pastries are availble.
Complimentary Internet Access available for guests.

Room Tip: If smoking or non smoking room preference on room is significant item one should please identify dur...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kfxtravel
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

This is just a follow-up review. My original detailed review for this hotel (including photos) was written four years ago.

Stayed here again for one night last weekend, to see the Gamecocks (college) football game. I'm pleased to report the hotel is still doing a good job.

We were assigned a room on the ground floor this time, right next to the small swimming pool. The room was quiet, clean and the beds were reasonably comfortable/firm. I enjoyed the relatively new shower head that offered multiple settings, and was pleasantly surprised with the upgraded bar soaps (from San Francisco).

Our only complaint is that the toilet wasn't fully bolted to the floor so when you got up from sitting, the tank would bang against the wall, making a loud noise. I mentioned this to the front desk clerk and he said he would report it to maintenance.

The hotel's WiFi worked good and check-in & check-out was a breeze... no waiting. Front desk staff was helpful.

The complimentary breakfast consisted of Belgian waffles, powdered donuts and fruit filled danishes, bagels, toast, apple & orange juice, and multiple types of cold cereals. I sampled a few different things and was pleased with the taste, except for the coffee, which was too weak and tasted like brown water.

Complimentary USA Today newspaper was readily available too.

For $60/night, it's tough to beat this place. And the South Carolina football stadium is an easy 15-min drive away.

There are a few other discount hotels at the same exit, like the Royal Inn next door, but I don't see the need to roll the dice when this place does such an admirable job for the money.

Room Tip: There are only two floors and I've stayed on both. I like the ground floor a little better just...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

My family stayed here while visiting the Riverbank Zoo. The motel was clean and the staff friendly. The complimentary breakfast was great. I have no reservations about recommending this place to friends. Beds were comfortable, room was well appointed and everything was smooth and pleasant. This is the Best Value in Columbia!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank bluesglide
virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2010

In writing this review I am currently sitting in the room and will describe to you what I see. The bathroom shower curtain has mildew on the bottom. The wallpaper on the walls of the room is ripping and has rips all over. The bathroom wall along the backsplash is dirty I ran my finger over it and my finger had grime and dirt on it. I am sitting in a chair at the table typing this and it smells of urine. The dresser looks like something spilt on it and was never wiped off. I went to cook something for my son in the microwave and the top of the microwave has dried food in it. Checking out early. Not EVEN going to attempt the continental breakfast. Who knows what has been crawling all over it.. You want to stay here, fine but I would not recommend it. I am also going to notify triple A as I received a triple A discount.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
central florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2009

Upon initail entry to this hotel, it looked very nice.. clerk was pleasant and informed us of the free continental breakfast area for the morning.
After booking a room for the evening and settling in we went to dinner, upon our return I took a better look at the entry area to this hotel...I found dead roaches in the corners and along the edges of the wall ..I checked the room and found no roaches.In the morning we vacated the hotel w/o the breakfast

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple