“Nice people........Clean rooms..........”

Ranked #37 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice people........Clean rooms..........”
Reviewed 16 June 2008

I was impressed with the staff at Ramada. They were helpful and outgoing. Being from out of town, the staff gave information that was useful. The pool was clean and well maintained. The Breakfast Bar was well stocked and restocked when items ran out. The Rooms were clean and the air-condtioning could chill beer(Loved it). If I was in the area again, I would stay again.

• Liked — The air-condtioning
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 8 October 2007

My 16-yr-old son and I stayed at this hotel one Friday night in late September, to attend a Gamecocks football game the following day in Columbia. USC's stadium is a fairly easy 15-min drive away.

I chose this hotel largely because of it's proximity to Columbia and because the Ramada name stood out among hotels in the $50-$70 price range. Also, I couldn't find any consistently bad write-ups about it online, like I did for some of the other area hotels I was considering.

Reservations and check-in was a breeze. Front desk staff was quite friendly on the phone and in person. The hotel entrance is a bit tricky to find, because it's actually located right on a highway exit ramp and you don't actually see the hotel until you're right on it. There's a helpful small sign with an arrow at the highway ramp entrance reading "Hotel Entrance".

We were assigned room 224, which required us to go up some well-worn stairs and travel down a couple hallways. We were at the end of hallway, which afforded us nice quiet privacy.

Our room was surprisingly spacious, about 18' x 10'. The foyer in the room (connecting main room to bathroom) was 7' x 7', and the bathroom was a fairly spacious 7' x 7'.

Room contained a Desk w/ two chairs, dresser w/ four big drawers, and an iron w/ full size ironing board. We also had a microwave oven and good size fridge. TV worked fine. I don't recall how many channels we had.

Mattresses were fairly comfortable. I'm picky about that, since I'm a belly sleeper and need a firm mattress.

As you can see from the photos, the condition of the room was very good. I got the impression it was recently renovated because things didn't look too worn, like the stairwell and icemaker machine area we passed earlier.

The bathroom had the usual hotel toiletries and coffee for the coffeemaker. Plenty of towels and a nice shower, with a new massage shower head. Lots of empty space under the bathroom sink, should you need to store anything there.

Our room overlooked the small swimming pool (see photo). The pool ranged in depth from 3 ft to 5 ft. Even though it was the off season, the pool water still looked clean.

Breakfast in the lobby was included and consisted of bagels, waffles, pancakes, cold cereal, fresh fruit, OJ, Cranberry juice, milk, coffee, yogurt, etc. A pretty nice spread for a small discount hotel. The pancakes and waffles were pre-cooked and refrigerated, requiring heating in the microwave.

The hotel has WiFi, but I didn't test it. Instead I used the complimentary computer in the lobby. Users are limited to 30 mins, but when I went downstairs Saturday morning at 9 a.m., I didn't have to wait. You can surf the internet, but there is no printer.

Checkout time is a generous 12-Noon, which anyone bringing teenagers will appreciate. Checkout was quick & easy. My total cost was $59, which included tax.

For what we got for the money, I could easily envision staying here for a longer period of time. Right next door to the Ramada Limited is another discount hotel called the Royal Inn. I can't comment on it's quality, but from a location standpoint it's maybe one to consider too.

• Liked — Spacious room, big fridge, free internet computer in lobby, complimentary breakfast variety
  • Disliked — Hard to locate/find, Worn out dirty carpet and walls in stairwell & ice maker area, no printer for lobby computer
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed 29 August 2007

Our baseball team mom made the reservations for us at the Ramada Limited Columbia. Outside of the pictures on the internet, we had no idea what to expect. Our team drove from Texas to South Carolina for the AA World Series being held there. After driving for 2 days, we were exhausted. We were also on a tight budget. The Managers on Duty (in particular Daniel & Georgia) were very helpful and accommodating to our needs. We ended up staying at two different properties driving to SC and on our return trip which we compared to the Ramada Limited Columbia. The Continental breakfast offered by the Ramada Limited Columbia was FABULOUS and could not be beaten by the other offerings we experienced!!! There were so many thngs to choose from every morning including fruit & yogurt. You didn't have to have donuts every morning. I would recommend the Ramada Limited Columbia!

Stayed July 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2006

The building has no elevator, forcing you to log your suitcases up the stairs. One of the main reasons I chose to stay at this hotel was the availability of complementary broadband internet to check my business e-mails. The service was broken and the manager, Atul Shah did not accept to give me credit for the lack of that service. The rest of the hotel is average.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank AlexToma

Travellers are raving about these Columbia hotels