“Nice and Quiet and Welcoming.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77

Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77
Ranked #36 of 95 Hotels in Columbia
Hamilton, Ont
“Nice and Quiet and Welcoming.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

This actually was our third stay at this Hotel which is located close to I-77. The rooms are very nice and large and although this is located next to a hospital we have always found it to be very quiet.
The breakfast is still the old style Courtyard Buffet and it is of a higher quality and the service is excellent. We have always found the staff to be very accommodating and pleasant and the rom cost very competitive. Seems like a welcoming place to stop on the road.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Starsky13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

The manager and staff went out of their way to give me exceptional service. The room was comfortable, enjoyable and very clean, but it was the extra attention of staff that made a good hotel wonderful. I will come back.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Cordial1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

Stayed here for 1 night on our way to Hilton Head. Had 3 rooms due to size of family (5 adults, 5 kids and 1 infant) and each room was very nice, clean and comfortable.

Evening desk clerk (I wish I knew his name) he was very friendly, kind and helpful, even with working 13 days straight. Just a very pleasant person.

Requested a portacrib in 1 room and a rollaway in another when I made the reservation and both were there when we checked in. They even had a portacrib sheet and small baby blanket with the portacrib.

Had the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning and it was great! The staff was so pleasant and helpful, especially to the 5 kids in our party.

Would definately stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank D P
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

It was my first trip to South Carolina and my first stay in a Courtyard hotel. It was great. We arrived very late. Hotel staff promptly responded to the doorbell. The room was great. The staff was great; front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, and the coffee bar worker. They full demonstrated "Southern Hospitality". They asnwered every question knowledgeable and offered assistance to ensure a comfortable staff. The evening cookies were a bonus!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank cjefferson53
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed at your hotel back in Jan 11, 2010. I know it has been a while gut due to my medical conition and not knowning about this site I didn't leave a review...I must say this hotel made me feel at home the service was great and the staff for evening around 3:00 p.m. was the best..My husband flew in from Saudi Arabia for medical reason and it was our anniversary. I came there to see the room with Jacuzzi and when we arrive the room was decorated with everything and more...The customer service was great as well...I would recommend everybody to come there keep up the good work....Oh i had to put August but it was really Jan 11, 2010....

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tricy105
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

This was a pit stop for us as we were traveling from OH to FL. Marriott and especially their Courtyard brand has a reputation for excellence so I didn't even bother to look at reviews for this property. Boy, was I wrong!! First off, we were traveling with two small children (2yrs and 4yrs). Therefore, staying at a clean hotel is essential because they kids are all over the floor. I paid for up upgraded suite that included breakfast (with a whirlpool tub for the kids to help bath time be more exciting). We were in room 137 and it was TERRIBLE. First, off it is hard to get over the MILDEW smell as we are walking in. There were two dead bugs in the bathroom. I am not one to complain so I thought maybe we could just air out the room a little....no luck there the screen in the room has 100 holes in. So unless we wanted a bug infested room too, I decided not to open the window. My husband went down to the front desk to ask if they could just move us to another room. We were told that they were booked and we couldn't move to another room. We pulled the bedsheets back and there were two brown spots on the white sheets. They weren't on our pillows so we just made the best of it. In the morning, my husband went down to ask the front desk about our breakfast which was included. The woman at the front desk told us we didn't pay for the breakfast with our booking on expedia. She said "we don't offer the breakfast on expedia anymore." She proceeded to give my husband the breakfast tickets reluctantly as he insisted we did. At the bottom this review, I cut/pasted from my Expedia itinerary were it states breakfast was included!! At check-in, I asked the attendant if she knew of any playgrounds nearby were my kids could play (since we had been in the car for 9 hours)? After a long pause, she said..."no". She didn't offer any suggestions either. I know the Courtyard likes to cater to the business professional customer but they need to step up their customer service. Bottom line is this, DO NOT STAY HERE. The hotel is gross. It is located just a few miles from a correctional facility and mental hospital (just FYI).

Traveler and cost summary Expedia Special Rate
(where applicable): $10.57 per night
Amount charged for hotel reservation $99.82

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank travelgruru8810
fowler62, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always appreciate feedback and take our guests' comments very seriously. I regret to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. The smell in your room has been addressed. The problem arises from when people do not fill the spa tub high enough. When the guests would turn on the jets, water would shoot onto the carpet. We've since mounted a sign that sits on the spa reminding people to make sure the water is up to the "fill" line before operating. Also, we have taken the screen out from the window and inspected it. The screen only had one hole about the size of a pencil. We will be replacing the screen. Too, we have spoken with our front desk agents regarding Expedia reservations and local information to make sure they are up-to-date on proper proccedures. In the future, please take the time to speak with a manager or front desk agent regarding any issues. We strive towards excellent customer service and cannot improve on issues that are not brought to our attention. Thank you again for your feedback. Your comments will help us to improve and make a greater experience for all guests. I would like to invite you at this time to a complimentary night stay at the hotel. Please contact me at Katie.johnson@fowlerhospitality.com and I will be happy to get your mailing address to send you the voucher. We hope to have you stay with us again so that can see for yourself the improvements we have made.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Everyone was nice, front desk to cook. They all made you feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family