Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbia/At Fort Jackson
Ranked #44 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Gainesville, Florida
“Microtel Inn”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Whats not to love, extra helpful staff, extremely clean and comfortable rooms, close to everything.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I choose this hotel after reading the positive reviews from previous people who stayed at this hotel. This was our first stay at Microtel and will more than likely be the last. We attended our son's graduation at Fort Jackson. We checked into the hotel on 5/23/12 and quickly checked out on the same day. After checking in we were initally assigned a room that another couple was staying in. This was discovered after I entered the room an startled the people in the room. We were then assigned to another room. Upon entering the room it was very hot, humid and muggy. After being in the room for about 30min. my son discovered a small bug on the bed. My husband and I looked up bed bugs on the internet and we were not sure if this was a bed bug. So we decided to pull back the sheets and check under the mattress. To our disbelief we discovered more bugs which seem to come from everywhere on both beds in the room and it was after this discovery that we were 100% sure that the room was infested with bed bugs. I'm sooooo glad that my son saw the bug before we unpacked. The front desk person, who I assumed was the manager, was apologetic and offered another room. However after this we were done and left. Its unfortunate that I have to write this review becasue the hotel appear to be newly built and the decor was really nice.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Erica O
Roger T, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbia/At Fort Jackson, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
The hotel immediately took action right away as soon as the incident happened. As a guest you know that this is a new hotel and the problem was quickly resolved. An exterminator was called in immediately and the situation was resolved and isolated to three rooms that were side by side.
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed one night, selected because of previous experience with Microtels and this one received a great rating. I was very pleased with the experience. Although it wasn't in the most convenient location for my trip, the comfort, service and price made up for it. The front desk manager even gave me a couple of Bayer aspirin so I could sleep for my big meeting the next day! You guys are great and I'll DEFINITELY be back!!

• Stayed May 2012
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was our first stay at a Microtel. The entrance is hard to find. Great place to stay for a night or two, however. Comfortable beds, front desk clerk was friendly, polite and very helpful. Had to ask for shampoo and facial tissues---guess all hotels are cutting back on these 'creature comforts.'

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Spring, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I went to my son's graduation from BCT at Ft. Jackson in September. This place was a spur of the moment choice without much research and I got very lucky. It was wildly beyond my expectations for the price. Brand new and beautiful. Friendly staff and about the best beds I've ever slept on. Clean and very convenient to Ft Jackson. If you're headed to Ft Jackson I highly recommend this as a great place to stay. If it had been twice the price I'd have considered it a bargain.

Room Tip: The entrance is hidden by a daycare center and confusing at first but once you get there it's wo...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Bushmaster1911
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed 3 nights here for our son's BCT graduation and despite a few complaints, we were very satisfied with this hotel and would recommend to other families attending graduation.

Pros: Well maintained property, clean rooms, comfortable bed, plenty of parking

Cons: Staff was friendly but made you feel as if you were bothering them if you asked a question. On our second morning there no coffee was made for the breakfast crowd. The gentlemen behind the counter heard all of us ask if there was any coffee but he made no effort to say anything to us.

On our last night there my husband went to the front desk to ask if they had any brochures with other Microtel locations and while waiting at the front desk he heard a voice say "Can I help you?", he looked around and noticed a young black women laying on the couch watching tv and realized she was the front desk clerk. She sat up but did not remove herself from the couch, she pointed to a stand where little flyers were kept and said "That's all we have." She then laid back down on the coach and continued to watch TV.

Other than the staff, this hotel is a good economical way to enjoy your stay in Columbia.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Elvia L
Hampton, Georgia
Reviewed 30 January 2012

People view hotels differently, sometimes when you read these reviews you end up terrified of the hotel. I am not one of those people that will pay $70.00 for a room and expect it to look like the Hilton, so with that said I thought this place was well worth the money. The lobby was very clean, the front desk clerks were nice and helpful when we needed help, the rooms aren't huge, but again this is not a $200.00 a night hotel so I didn't expect huge rooms. The rooms were very cozy and neutral and very clean, the bathroom was clean, and the beds were sooooo comfortable, and the linen was clean. I always bring my own Lysol and disinfecting wipes no matter where I stay, but I was very happy with this hotel. My only complaint was that the water did not drain in the shower so once the shower was done I was standing in a puddle of water, room 201.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family