Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbia/At Fort Jackson
Ranked #45 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I chose this hotel for my family and my in-laws for my husbands BCT graduation at Ft. Jackson (5/31/12). I was very pleased with the rooms and service. Our room was very clean and had all the amenities that we needed. Since I was traveling with two small children it was important to have a refrigerator and microwave. The hotel is hard to see from the main road but when I called to find it the man was more than happy to point me in the right direction. The hotel is not that far from Ft. Jackson. It took us about 15-20 minutes to get to the graduation gate. I would definitely stay at this hotel or any other Microtel Inn & Suites again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Awful. No toiletries, only three pillows per queen bed, wretched coffee, AND BED BUGS. using a topical steroid now. never had bugs in my life until now.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank annelikes2fly
Roger T, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbia/At Fort Jackson, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
The guest had booked room through a third party vendor, they wanted to cancel rooms. According to hotel policy we can not cancel third party bookings. As a courtesy we asked the guest to move into different rooms and offered discounted rate. Also the desk clerk offered to book room at a different hotel as a courtesy to the guest.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Whats not to love, extra helpful staff, extremely clean and comfortable rooms, close to everything.

Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I choose this hotel after reading the positive reviews from previous people who stayed at this hotel. This was our first stay at Microtel and will more than likely be the last. We attended our son's graduation at Fort Jackson. We checked into the hotel on 5/23/12 and quickly checked out on the same day. After checking in we were initally assigned a room that another couple was staying in. This was discovered after I entered the room an startled the people in the room. We were then assigned to another room. Upon entering the room it was very hot, humid and muggy. After being in the room for about 30min. my son discovered a small bug on the bed. My husband and I looked up bed bugs on the internet and we were not sure if this was a bed bug. So we decided to pull back the sheets and check under the mattress. To our disbelief we discovered more bugs which seem to come from everywhere on both beds in the room and it was after this discovery that we were 100% sure that the room was infested with bed bugs. I'm sooooo glad that my son saw the bug before we unpacked. The front desk person, who I assumed was the manager, was apologetic and offered another room. However after this we were done and left. Its unfortunate that I have to write this review becasue the hotel appear to be newly built and the decor was really nice.

3 Thank Erica O
The hotel immediately took action right away as soon as the incident happened. As a guest you know that this is a new hotel and the problem was quickly resolved. An exterminator was called in immediately and the situation was resolved and isolated to three rooms that were side by side.
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed one night, selected because of previous experience with Microtels and this one received a great rating. I was very pleased with the experience. Although it wasn't in the most convenient location for my trip, the comfort, service and price made up for it. The front desk manager even gave me a couple of Bayer aspirin so I could sleep for my big meeting the next day! You guys are great and I'll DEFINITELY be back!!

• Stayed May 2012
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was our first stay at a Microtel. The entrance is hard to find. Great place to stay for a night or two, however. Comfortable beds, front desk clerk was friendly, polite and very helpful. Had to ask for shampoo and facial tissues---guess all hotels are cutting back on these 'creature comforts.'

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Spring, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I went to my son's graduation from BCT at Ft. Jackson in September. This place was a spur of the moment choice without much research and I got very lucky. It was wildly beyond my expectations for the price. Brand new and beautiful. Friendly staff and about the best beds I've ever slept on. Clean and very convenient to Ft Jackson. If you're headed to Ft Jackson I highly recommend this as a great place to stay. If it had been twice the price I'd have considered it a bargain.

Room Tip: The entrance is hidden by a daycare center and confusing at first but once you get there it's wo...