“good korean and in 5 points”
Review of Blue Cactus Cafe

Blue Cactus Cafe
Ranked #170 of 1,034 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Southwestern, Asian, Korean
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 7, 2017

I have now tried this place a few times and the food is pretty good and great service. It is down in 5 points so easy to get to and the fried/steamed dumplings are the best I have had at any place in Columbia. The food has always been fresh, the only issue I have here is they do not bring out sides like most Korean restaurant's do but otherwise no issues.

Reviewed September 17, 2016

I had never had Korean food before, but one of our party is South Korean and my son had eaten at several Korean restaurants before, so we decided to try this place. It's not really a Korean restaurant, as I saw Mexican, Cuban, American, and Spanish dishes. We started off with a Kim-chi Plate (Large serving of traditional side dishes). It was okay. My son's South Korean girlfriend said it was "training wheels for real Korean food). I had Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry (Chicken cooked with cabbage, carrots and squash and served with a side of white rice). It was just barely okay. The other two persons had Korean stews. They said the same...just okay. The restaurant is very rundown and I even hesitated to eat there. The waitress was nice and very attentive, but maybe, it's just me, but I really don't like seeing nose piercings while I'm eating (just a personal preference). My son and his girlfriend said that there was a much better Korean restaurant in town, the portions were much larger, and a lot less expensive. The food was not good, and we all said that we would not return. Sorry.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

I've been here before for appetizers, but today was my first meal. I had the spicy pork bibimbap with the sunny-side egg, and it was very good. However, my favorite part was the cajun press coffee (tiny french press and a tiny cup). I ate with a friend who knew the owner, and we chatted for a while. Very friendly.

Reviewed April 19, 2016

You could miss this place because it's around the corner but once here you will always remember it. I have eaten here only twice but wouldn't miss an opportunity to come back again. Don't ask me what I ate because I won't remember the dish but know that I enjoyed it.

Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

This place may not look like much but the food is outstanding. It took some time to get our food but that was ok because we had the chance to visit with friends before the food arrived. Don't judge a book by its cover.

1  Thank TNVolsFan1969

Been to Blue Cactus Cafe? Share your experiences!