“Very traditonal yet very popular”

Zorba's Greek Restaurant
Ranked #168 of 1,065 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 29, 2018

It has beem over 20 years since I visited this restaurant. I expected it to be updated but it looks just like it did back then. It seems to enjoy a loyal following us customers who seem to enjoy the atmosphere. I had a gyro and I have to rate it average. However, I must confess that I was comparing it to ones I have tried in Greektown in Chicago. I had good service at a reasonable price.

1  Thank 11jmr

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

If you are in a hurry skip it. The restaurant seats 300. Groups are accomodated. The food is excellent!! Try the specials. The desserts are overwhelming! You need to ask for what you need. It may not look crowded when it could be.

Reviewed December 22, 2017

Our group reserved a back room at the St. Andrews Rd location for a group of about 25 people a couple months in advance. This was a family Christmas party. They provided us with one waitress. One. The management knew the size of our group well in advance and still only provided our large group with one waitress. Unfortunately this one waitress set the tone early by being the most hateful, hostile, rude waitress we have ever had. When she took the food orders she made no note what so ever of who ordered what and where. So when the food arrived she literally stood in the middle of the room and YELLED at us that she was going to need our attention so that she could call out orders. An awkward hush fell over the room as she impatiently stomped around delivering the plates of food. It was surreal. Some of our group had to go to the front counter to order drinks because the drinks they ordered at the table never came. We understood that the service was going to be slow, but some things never came. Our waitress then tried to charge a second time for the drinks that had already been paid for. The food was good, as it usually is here but this waitress was the most hateful person I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing in a restaurant. I do understand that the management put her in a tough position, but speaking as someone who has spent decades in the service industry, you don't take out your frustrations on the customer. We had nothing to do with the staffing situation. We were not being a difficult group. We were just trying catch up with family and have a nice evening. We've been coming to Zorba's for years but I can't see ever going back after being treated so poorly. This experience was really inexcusable.

1  Thank Wolv1997
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

I go once in a while. Wait is usually not a problem w overall fast service and ample tables. Food is average, okay mostly Italian options along w a number of Greek staples. Specials are usually pasta related and chicken Marsala. I enjoyed salmon linguine with the included Greek salad starter. They bring bread to the table a well. Atmosphere is outdated simulating Greek like structures in the ceiling. Service is usually fast and fairly attentive. Popular w locals bc of decent prices, lack of long waits for a table, and relatively quick average food. Quantity is usually on the large side so many get a go box to take some home.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

First, the bad. I do not understand the appeal of the lemon chicken soup at all. It was runny and weirdly textured, and I gave it the good old college try, but I couldn't finish it.

Thankfully, my entree (bow tie pasta with mushrooms, chicken and spinach) was quite good. The waitress was attentive and kept my water glass full, which was surely made more complicated by my being part of a big group.