“Nice spot and good wine”
Review of Bourbon

Bourbon
Ranked #11 of 1,013 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Bourbon is a whiskey bar and Cajun-Creole kitchen located just off the steps of the South Carolina State Capitol Building. We serve over 350 bourbons and American whiskeys, as well as whiskeys from around the world. We craft classic cocktails using only the best ingredients, and focus our beer taps on local and regional beers. Our kitchen crafts locally-inspired Cajun-Creole cuisine and we pride ourselves on sourcing the best ingredients from our region, working closely with farmers, ranchers and fishermen. We do not take reservations.
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I had dinner here with my pooch. I had a salad which was fantastic, strawberries and blueberries with a vinaigrette. I was afraid that it would be sweet, but it wasn't, it was just yummy. I also had the vegetarian gumbo with grilled shrimp. The gumbo is served with rice but needs some help in the flavoring department, the shrimp were flavored nicely. I had to ask for salt, pepper and hot sauce. It had nice veggies and a good base, just needed a little flavor.

I sat outside, there are several tables and the service was perfect. The wine selection is small, but I was told all of the wines were great and my Pinot was really good- a Russian River selection.

Would go here again, the menu looked nice, not a huge selection but I got the impression they pay attention to detail.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Was traveling through Columbia seen this place on trip advisory and thought we would give it a try..Got there about 445 they open at 430.. Waitress got us seated and let us know dinner wouldnt start til 5..she took our order and put it in as soon as kitchen opened. It was definitely worth waiting for. We had the boudain balls crab and artichoke spread and the etouffe.wnted to try the collards but we had already ordered plenty. The boudain actually was served on collard so that was a plus.Everything was great. Service was fast. We will stop again when traveling through.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

We went after the USC game rescheduled to Sunday and the place was jumping.

Soon got seated. Good service and great food. Enjoyed it sufficiently to go back again this week.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Dang! This is some good food y'all. A little on the pricier side but worth it. I got the steak and my husband got the quail. We were both very pleased. They have a great variety of drinks as well. I would also recommend "Frankly, my dear" drink. If you want to take your bar game up a notch, check out this place. However, I would recommend small groups, the seating was limited but great service.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

There is no doubt about the popularity of this bar, specializing in bourbon and whiskey. Reservations are not accepted so just take your chances. On the weeknight we were there it was very full, but we got the last places by the bar. The noise level was quite high.

I sympathize with the stressed staff, as they kept sprinting inside the counter to keep up. The food was OK. It is not a wine bar, so don't expect a great deal of a choice by the glass. But they excel in bourbon!

Been to Bourbon? Share your experiences!