“Had a great conference there”

Hilton Columbia Center
Ranked #10 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Richmond, VA, USA
“Had a great conference there”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We were there for a professional conference and had a great experience. The staff was very helpful and made you truly feel welcome.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank By_His_Grace
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear His Grace from Richmond Virginia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. We pride ourselves on being a top-notch hotel for conferences, meetings, leisure travelers and just about anything else that brings you to the wonderful City of Columbia, South Carolina.

Tony Tam, General Manager-Hilton Columbia Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
providence
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Welcoming hotel, all staff were great, great Philip Roth room products and super location! The room is clean, spacious and the bathroom is lovely. Had one small issue, not worth mentioning as it was taken care of right away. Although the hotel was fully booked, it was quiet. The Hilton is close to the convention center, restaurants, CVS and fedex. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: do not stay on top floor, seem like rooftop industrial fans/condensers might be a bit loud at night
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Paulasw from Providence,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time Columbia. Thank you for acknowledging the staff, amenities, location, and cleanliness of the hotel. One of your comments was some noise coming from the rooftop air conditioning unit---the noise from the unit effects just a few rooms and only when we are very full. The noise is currently being addressed by our engineers so that we can ensure no issues will arise from it in the future for any gests. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact myself or any member of my team if we can be of assistance on any future stays!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed there recently and the service coupled with the accommodations were excellent to say the least

Well recommended

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Ricanranger,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on the Hilton Columbia Center. If i or any member of my team can make any future stays more enjoyable please contact us.

Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My dad and I stayed at the Hilton Columbia Center Friday and Saturday, February 17 -18, 2012. We were in town to attend my best friend's daughter's wedding. My every interaction with the staff at this property was absolutely outstanding. When making the reservation, I asked for a late check-in, as our flight didn't even arrive in Columbia until 9:30 p.m. Late check-in was guaranteed and when I called back a few days before to make sure that was still the case, I was very cheerfully told that it was noted in the record exactly what time I was due to arrive. We landed on time in Columbia and had the good luck to land Charles, of Miracle Taxi as our cab driver. He ended up being our "chauffer" all weekend. He took us to the hotel and the front desk staff was extremely pleasant, cheerful, and professional. Bartley Cromer was the young man who checked us in (more about him later) and suggested that if we wanted a night cap, we could pop in to the bar at Ruth's Chris on the other side of the lobby. Great bar, terrific service. We got up to our room and settled in. The room was on the 8th floor (817) and was very spacious. There is free wi-fi and a good work station/desk. I did wonder at the space in the dresser that had obviously been intended (and perhaps once housed) a small fridge, as it would be nice to bring leftovers up from Ruth's Chris, but alas, no fridge there any more. There was a full size iron and ironing board (which we used and worked well). Good flat panel television with a lot of available stations. Good alarm clock radio. Beds were very comfortable!!! Anyway, we were unpacking and settling in when I got a voice mail on my cell phone and the room phone from Bartley at the front desk who had inadvertently failed to return my credit card to me. I went down stairs and after confirming my identity (thank you), the gal who had taken over for Bartley returned my card to me in a sealed envelope, none the worse for wear. In these days of identity theft and such, I was appreciative of their professional handling of this mistake. The next day my dad slept in and I went down to the lobby where free coffee and tea are always on offer. I brought a cup up for my dad, who was still snoozing, and then I walked up the street to the corner and saw that there is an IHOP right there and a CVS drug store across the street. One block over is Gervais Street, where there are countless places to eat and have libations as well as shopping. After a short exploration, I went back up to the room where my dad had finally awakened.

The gal who was getting married was my flower girl back in 1992 when she was only 7 years old. At the time, she told me that when she eventually got married, she would allow me to participate in her wedding, and when I asked what she would have me do, she stated firmly that I would be allowed to "pick berries." So, I really wanted to bring a basket of berries with me to the wedding (but obviously couldn't have packed one on the plane). When we went downstairs, I spotted Bartley working the door to Ruth's Chris and I asked him about where to go to get berries and a basket. He told me some shops to visit for the basket and then offered to go to Publix for me on his lunch hour and purchase assorted berries! Definitely above and beyond the call of duty, but I totally took him up on his offer and gave him money to go to Publix. He brought me back a bunch of berries and then proceeded to put together a gorgeous arrangement of berries in the glass basket I found in an antique store (great antiquing within easy walking distance of the hotel). I was so impressed with Bartley going so far beyond what his job description calls for; and he was funny, pleasant and professional as well. The rest of the front desk and restaurant staff were also absolutely wonderful - truly a terrific customer service experience.

We did have a small snafu the next morning with our room service, so be very sure to be very specific when ordering. But, the food was great and so was the coffee. They claimed to be out of tea bags, but there were some in the lobby, so not sure about that...

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel and would most definitely stay there again if I go back to Columbia.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Lollymoz from Tampa, Florida,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very extensive review on the Hilton Columbia Center. First of all thank you for the very nice comments on our guest rooms and amenities. We are very proud of our accommodations and the decorations that surround them.

I am very glad that your credit card got back to you without incident.

What a wonderful story on the wedding you are attending and the connection of the berries to boot. Bartley is a wonderful asset to the hotel and I'm so glad that he was able to personal help gather your wedding gift and assembly it for you. I will personally make sure that he know how appreciative you are.

We wish you could have stayed a few more days in Columbia to enjoy the great city and experience more world-class service from the Hilton Columbia Center.

If I can personally be of assistance on your next visit to Columbia, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kabul
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The hotel was great. The front desk staff friendly and helpful. Rooms were big and clean with comfy beds and pillows. Had an issue with my key not operating my door and it took more than an hour to have it fixed. But the hotel management were super apologetic afterwards. Hotel is in a prime position. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Kabulpickle
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Kabulpickle,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. First and foremost I do apologize for the extended period of time it took to get the electronic door lock fixed on your guest room door---technology as you know sometimes is not cooperative. Thank you for recognizing and acknowledging the helpful and apologetic hotel management staff that you interacted with while you are here. If any of your future travels brings you back to Columbia, please do not hesitate to personally let me know if I can be of assistance.

Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Had a very nice stay. I have stayed here over 10 times in the past year. By far my favorite hotel in Columbia. Very close to everything and a great staff. The only downside of the hotel from my point is the breakfast. No breakfast buffet is worth $12 before tip. The rooms are great but don't eat there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Bill31820 from Columbus Georgia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. My sincere gratitude to you and your family for making the Hilton Columbia your favorite hotel in Columbia. I will be sure to pass along your comment recognizing the "great staff".

Thank you for your comments in regards to our breakfast buffet pricing, we strive to serve the best breakfast buffet in town and want to remain competitive in our offering and price. If there is ever an issue with the satisfaction of our breakfast buffet, please let us know and we will fully refund your breakfast.

North Carolina
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This place was good enough for a one night stay. The parking was a little obnoxious - you pull into what looks like a municipal parking deck and trapse through hallways etc to get to the desk. It wasn't a big deal - and it is a downtown location - but still not "easy" and a pain if you are carrying a lot of stuff. Everything else was fine. I wouldn't object to staying here again - but I also wouldn't go out of my way to stay here.

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Dear sbccc from North Carolina,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. Our self-parking garage is adjacent to the hotel and is operated by the City of Columbia. The garage entrance does in fact take you through the hotel's meeting space, past the outdoor heated pool, business center, and the hotel's lobby. The design of the parking was meant to be away from the hotel's guest rooms to limit some noise. We do offer valet parking at our main entrance next to the hotel's registration desk---this would definitely eliminate the need to travel through our meeting space to arrive at our guest floor elevators. A bellman is always on duty to assist with luggage making the arrival experience less cumbersome. If any of your future travels bring you back to Columbia, please do not hesitate to contact me for personal assistance.