“good with excellent potential”
Review of Green Olive

Green Olive
Ranked #172 of 1,052 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed April 27, 2017

I have been to Turkey and am always looking for Turkish restaurants to try. We ate here for lunch. The atmosphere is pleasant - plenty of tables but not overcrowded, appropriate décor, and comfortable temperature. There is plenty of variety on the menu as well as lunch and dinner portions available. We ordered the hummus appetizer ($5); it was tasty, but not enough bread in proportion to the hummus, and had to ask for more. I had the mixed kebab (Kofte and chicken)($10) which came with Basmati rice, sautéed vegetables (squash, zucchini, onion, & mushrooms), and a side salad. The meat and vegetables were well seasoned but the rice lacked enough salt. You can choose from any of their side salads which was nice and I got the Green Olive salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, feta, olive, banana pepper, and house vinaigrette) which was average. My husband had the Gyro platter ($10)(also came with rice, vegetables, & side salad). The lamb was tender and well seasoned. My daughter had the chicken melt wrap (chicken, cheese & honey mustard dressing in a garlic wrap)($8) which came with a side salad. We didn't like the wrap, the flavors didn't seem to go well together. We had the Turkish baklava for dessert. It was good but could use more honey/syrup drizzled on top. I ordered the Turkish tea, but was disappointed they didn't have the traditional sugar cubes to add to it and I had to use a sugar packet. My daughter loves Turkish apple tea, but we were disappointed that they didn't offer it. They weren't very busy but the service was slow. Overall it was good, but with a few improvements it could be excellent.

Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

Having traveled in Turkey we are always looking for a good source of Turkish food. This it it!

The food is delicious. The falafel was perfect, best we have had in the US. The za'atar with the pide was scrumptious. The pide was hot and flavorful.

We had beef and lamb kebabs and kofta. All were hot, tender and perfectly spiced.

The service was great.

Go, go go. We will be going back.

Reviewed November 15, 2016

We have given this place a couple of chances, this was the last. The prices are way too high for the portion sizes. Photos of dishes advertised on social media are GREATLY exaggerated compared to the actual servings. Don't false advertise. Also, on the last take out order, we ordered soup. At pickup we were told they were out of soup so they substituted a salad. I didn't want or need another salad. I'm sure they didn't even have soup that night as they place was empty. Always inform your customers of what you are out of before you take the order. It's only fair.

Reviewed November 14, 2016

First time visitors to Green Olive and look forward to going again.... the hummus and white bean salad on a hot day were so refreshing. But let's get right to the best part! The baklava was heavenly. Light, flaky, dripping w/ honey. On a practical note, our young server was just right....appearing when we needed something and quick to clear the finished dishes. She even got the owner to switch to the USNA/Notre Dame game which scored huge points for my DH. We took the short walk over from the Horseshoe and cannot comment on parking (but on this particular Saturday there was plenty on the street available).

Reviewed September 23, 2016

Food was good and service was efficient, which is always helpful when out for a quick workday lunch. Would like to try other menu items while enjoying a more leisurely meal. Will be back.