“Pita chips/ cheese dip”

DI Prato's
Ranked #8 of 1,065 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: DiPrato's Delicatessen opened May 2004, and, today, the DiPrato's Experience affords patrons a rewarding escape from ordinary fare. The reward? Delectable food, beautiful décor, and a beguiling balance: friendly service and a pleasant, neighborly feeling. DiPrato's, located where the Purple Cow grocer operated, graces a quiet neighborhood barely off the beaten path. Driving up, you notice the rich red brick, set off by greenery, and spacious windows where light pours in. Approaching the wooden, double-door entrance, a thought comes to mind. You're about to enjoy the DiPrato's Experience. You could say a Southern breeze laden with Italian accents drifts through this New York style delicatessen. Dine if you like on the patio where the glassy splash of falling water melts away concerns. Pita chips and pimento cheese are a real treat! Blend Dianne Light and Bill Prato's presence and culinary skills and you get a wonderfully popular delicatessen-DiPrato's.
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

The best tailgate USC food ever!!! Great for a casual get together or get some lunch dishes/sides to go.

Owners always ask if you need help & location is near USC.

Mary D, General Manager at DI Prato's, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Hi Maggie,
We are so sorry to hear you were not fully satisfied with your time at our deli. We always try to ensure to give all our customers the best experience, but unfortunately, it sounds like this was not the case. I would like to direct you to our owner, Dianne Light, for a personal apology. You can reach her at 803-779-0606. Again, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us and I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Di Prato's

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

A great Sunday Brunch! Had the fried egg on croissant with the best homemade sausage. Everything I've ever tried here is delicious! But you better get the cheesy hash browns!!

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

It was cold in the restaurant so I didn't drink the ice water at first. After eating the food (which was good) I finally sipped the ice water. That was when I saw the purple lipstick smears on the rim of the glass. When brought to the attention of the server she apologized but said that if I had mentioned it sooner she'd have brought me a fresh glass. Gee thanks. Not going back.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

I visited this quaint restaurant while traveling in the area and always on the lookout for a local favorite. This spot did not disappoint any of us that day. We arrived after the normal lunch-hour rush so that might have helped with the efficient service, lack of waiting, open parking and so on. If you stop there in prime time you might want to consider those elements - especially if children are present. We all ordered sandwiches that were all very good portion sizes, fresh, and flavorful. Our server was direct and helpful with suggestions which we all appreciated. They have a unique menu of offerings which would bring us back if we return to Columbia - therefore, I can recommend this place for a good number of casual occasions.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Delightful classics with unique and special S.C. twists. Usually full, sweet outside place to wait (except at lunch on hot days). Only mayo they use is Duke's in their creations (good pesto mayo and red pepper mayo), so you KNOW it's good! Had the Fresh Garden Salad sandwich with pesto mayo, and it was perfect for Summer. 1/2 size Cobb salad was still huge! Decent prices (most sandwiches with side under $10)

Been to DI Prato's? Share your experiences!