Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest
Ranked #22 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Large hotel..nice pool outside..they just need to upgrade to flat screen tv's
also, there ARE NOT MANY tv channels...I'm very surprised at the few they have...I believe it's only 40 (4 espn's!!)..and some of the best, most popular, channels, they do not offer
friendly staff, great breakfast and service to match

Room Tip: request a room facing the pool, nice view,plus easy access to the lobby, hot tub from your sliding g...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 October 2011

This property is not located in the most attractive of locations. It is a side street off of a busy commercial area. The property looked a bit tired from the outside approach. Once inside, however, my impression changed. The lobby and dining area was nicely appointed. The business area was well equipped and attractive and the reception staff was very friendly and welcoming. The closest entrance to my room was around the side of the property which is adjacent to a buildng with dock type area--sort of a light industrial loook. The elevator carpet looked a bit tired so I was again wondering but when I entered my room I found it to be very clean and well-equipped. It looked onto an interior courtyard so I quickly forgot about the area outside the hotel and found the room to be very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. There was no noise. My room included breakfast at the buffet and the other travelers were friendly. There seemed to be quite a few college-aged young people, some perhaps on a college visit or heading to a sports outing. They were polite and friendly. There were also two families with young children. The breakfast was very good--choice of eggs cooked as you like, fresh fruit, oatmeal, bakery items, toast, etc. There was a waitstaff serving coffee and juice and they made sure the buffet was well-stocked. All in all, this property was better than I expected it to be.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Convenient to the Interstate, but this property did not measure up as a Marriott property. Our first room was across from the elevator on the second floor. A loud buzzing persisted for several hours and when I investigated, I found that someone had kicked in the door of the elevator equipment room, and although the lock held, the door was sprung and the alarm was going off. We changed to a room at the end of the hall, but the noise continued. The carpet in the second room was soaking wet around one of the beds. Too tired to move again. When we left at 10 the next morning, the alarm was still buzzing.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Texaholic2000
Andrew L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Thank you very much for your comments. You are absolutely right about that noise on the second floor. The door that keeps that sound inaudible has been damaged. I understand how annoying that must have been right outside your door. We are currently working to correct the problem and should be fixed very soon.
Our mission is guest satisfaction. I invite you to e-mail me at andrew.lucas@ihrco.com so I can further inquire about your stay, and how we can better serve you on your next visit. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stopped for one night on the way home. Very clean,quiet and modern. Great service and decent location.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2011

the room was nice...the staff were nice...the location is fine but the neighborhood seems interesting. I read about the "possibility" of car break ins as it "seems to be in a seedy area" but I had no problem and it was well lit. I even said this to the management and they said cameras are there so ....anyway, outside of being out of coffee and lacking support staff the next morning it was fine.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your visit and review! We appreciate every chance we get to hear from our guests, either online or in person.
I can understand your comments after reading the previous remarks from past guests. As in any location there is always the danger of crime, but with our security measures instances have been few and very far between. Because we value your safety as well as your vehicles and possessions we do keep a well-lit parking lot and staff to monitor the area 24 hrs a day.

I will also take this opportunity to share with our travel community our best practices for thwarting vandalism where ever you go. Always lock all doors, park in a well-lit area, remove valuables from sight (i.e. gps, cell phones, and purses), and if you must leave items in the car, please put them in the trunk. Whenever in doubt always use the Guest Services Representatives as your resource.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel room was nice and up to date. The pool was a nice size and they have towels out for everyone in the morning time... the staff doesn't provide pool towels throughout the day so if you don't get one in the morning then you aren't going to get one at all that day. The pool also gets cleaned in the morning so it has a lot of leaves and trash in it in the afternoon. The breakfast is a bit pricey to me.... you would think paying $119/night you can at least have a free breakfast or at least some bagles.... While checking in I was told my daughter (5 yrs old) ate breakfast free but it turned out she was $5. They have a small buffet sitting out but you might want to go early in the morning because we went around 9am and the grits/oatmel/gravy had got clumpy,,, you could tell they didn't stear it or anything.BTW, You have to make your own waffles.. The hotel does make you feel safe... you have to have key to get into every door besides the front door. They do have computers with internet access and a printer in the lobby for the guests to use. The hotel is in a really nice location, it took us 4 mins to chuck e cheese and about 6 to Columbia Zoo > which were both AWESOME<!! The gym is a really nice size, has 2 tvs in the room to watch while you are working out. The day staff is really nice but the night clerk is kidda out there, lol. In all it's a nice place to lay down and go to sleep :-) Walmart is right across the street from the hotel!!! Hope yall have fun traveling!!!

Room Tip: As for rooms that have been renovated (flat screen TVs are in all updated rooms)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2010

This hotel has been by far the best hotel I have stayed at. It is excellent and far surpassed my expectations for a hotel. The lobby smelled like cinnamon and there was a saxophone player taking requests from guests. The staff was enthusiastic and knowledgeable about events happening around town. The breakfast was superb (included with hotel price) and offered substantial microwave dinners and snacks. If you are looking for the perfect downtown, conveniently located hotel, look no further then the Courtyard Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family