New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest

Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest
Ranked #18 of 97 Hotels in Columbia
Naples, Florida
“Competent staff but needs updating!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

This franchised facility meets and exceeds service expectations. Property, however, is tired looking and needs to be refurbished. Doesn't conform with Marriott standards.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Serviceprof

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night. I had asked for a room over looking the pool. Got up there and should have gotten one on the ground floor so it would be easier to get back and forth from the pool and room so I called the front desk and right away he said not a problem it woluld just be a little bit before they can get us in. Two hours later we were by the pool enjoying our stay. I wish there was more choices to eat in the are but it was nice having walmart and pizza hut right across the street. Would def. stay there again! Never had so many nice people go out of their way for a one night stay!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank q2nana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

What I look for in a hotel is it to be clean. After my first day of staying here I notices something that really bothered me. Housekeeping cleaned out my glass and repacked it like it was a fresh clean glass. I could smell the wine I had from the night before. be careful if it rains, sidewalks are slippery where the berries fall. The bed left my back with pain. Other than that it's just a standard hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank TheTruthHasBeenTold
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

The room very clean and spacious. The decor was nice and modern. The carpet appeared to be fairly new, didn't notice any stains or gum. Bathroom was immaculate. I was amazed. Beds were neat and tidy, linens smelled freshly laundered, again I was amazed. The flat screen LG tv was sharp and clear. The desk space was just right and very clean. Even the curtains were spotless. I did finally find one spot on the desk chair. I'm still amazed at how meticulously clean the room was! I'm definitely staying here again! I'm asking for the same room again too.

• Stayed February 2012
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Nice hotel, not on the new Courtyard lobby, but certainly in good order. As other reviewers have noted, there’s a dining establishment across the street which is, shall we say, not for everybody. The Mgr on Duty advised me to not plan on dinner there, and happily arranged for transport over to the Doubletree, where I had a very nice, reasonably priced meal.

My office was close by, hence this choice.

Rooms were clean, lobby area well maintained. Might try the Doubletree next visit, but the Courtyard was certainly a place I’d go again. Just don’t plan to walk anywhere for dinner. If you have a car, no problem.

Note: If I was on personal travel with Ms. Gardiner and Kiddo, I would NOT choose this place, purely because of the neighborhood. For another business trip, sure.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I've got a great room overlooking the pool with a patio and patio door with great deck seats outside. The bed is supremely comfortable. Location is convenient. Nice flat screen tv. Great hotel. As a flight attendant I am assigned to many hotels. This is a better than average hotel. Front desk staff is great!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Jacksonville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I've stayed at many Marriott Courtyards and this one failed to live up to what I've come to expect. First it's in a pretty sketchy area; we stopped at a nearby convenience store and the clientele included a crackhead trying to buy a pipe. I had to laugh at the TV. It was an old 19-inch model that got about a dozen channels. You couldn't have gotten $5 for this thing at a pawn shop. I called the front desk and asked if all the rooms had TVs like that and he said no, the rooms in another wing are nicer and intimated that because I booked on Priceline I received a room in the old wing. I'm feeling really special now. The A/C unit was incredibly loud and kept me awake. Things like the cheapest toilet paper only reconfirmed my impression. It was late and I just wanted to check my email and found it costs $10 and breakfast isn't free. They made my next night's stay at the Quality Inn seem like a serious upgrade.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here insist on the refurbished rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business