“Lower Standard than Many Budget Hotels now offer”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia
Ranked #28 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 21 November 2011

One night stay as often is the case when travelling. Best thing about this location if the free cookie. Staff very friendly and our room was upgraded as I am a Hilton Diamond, but the King room was smaller than any Hampton Inn I've stayed at.

The bathroom was minute, and the room heating did not blow in the bathroom, so it was icy cold unless you left the door open to let in the room heat.

This hotel is mainly used for conferences and as there were none when we stayed the place was like a grave. However, we could hear the elevator and corridor noise even though we were some feet way from it, and in an executive room.

The restaurant was the biggest disappointment. They call it an Italian eatery, but the name is where the similarity ends. It's just an average eatery. The restaurant was actually closed due to the lack of guests, so they were serving the menu on tables laid up in the bar. Service was from person who was also tending bar. Food was mediocre and all frozen with my battered tilapia being luke warm and the batter all soggy.

So all in all there are far better places to spend over $100 a night for a stopover hotel. I would not use this hotel for anything other than a stopover in an emergency, or if you are attending an event at this location. If you do stay, eat out.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you want some space and a big tub. They come with a whirlpool.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed here on our way to a wedding in northern North Carolina and were very pleased. We found all the employees to be extremely helpful and friendly. I asked for a mini frig and it was placed in the room before we made it up there. The room was quiet, very clean and seemed to be updated. Only problem was the directions to the hotel both from MapQuest and the hotel web site. Need to be much more specific. The desk clerk at check in said they frequently hear that complaint. As nice a Doubletree as we've stayed in.

Room Tip: If you think traffic noise will bother you, ask for a room on the opposite side of the building from...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FLORIDAYS711
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Great hotel and large amenities and value for the room rate. I had a fantastic stay at this hotel with no problems.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Maria Fe P, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Overall the hotel is nice, great staff and service! Had slight problem but when I talked to front desk he took care of it too my complete satisfaction. I didn't even have to ask, way too go Alex!! You are a great hotel person

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for recently staying at the Doubletree by Hilton, Columbia, SC. We are glad our friendly and professional staff was able to assist you. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I booked online and was comparing this hotel with others in the price range on a football game night, it was on par with mid-range places. I found it to be an excellent hotel with a bar/restaurant, spacious workout room with plenty of treadmills and other machines. The staff was super friendly, professional and helpful. I went for the room rate with breakfast included which meant eggs made to order and a buffet. I think it was worth it. The room was large and had a comfortable, fancy foam mattress. I thought it was odd to have a nicer hotel a few miles from downtown off an exit ramp, but as a business traveler it suited my purposes fine. I will stay there again if I'm town for business and want to get some good sleep. If I was on vacation, I might choose a place near the lively downtown. My only complaint is the restaurant coffee was terrible.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Maria Fe P, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Thank you for recently staying at the Doubletree by Hilton, Columbia, SC. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 30 October 2011

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Property seemed to be clean and well maintained. Clean room with great sleep number beds and plush linens. Secluded location made for a quiet stay.

Room Tip: If you are sensative to noise will sleeping I recommend you ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree, Columbia,SC . We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again during future visits to our city!

Reviewed 28 October 2011

I made a reservation for this property for the first time in September 2011.
I met two friends. also from out-of-state, as a stop-over for heading on to Atlanta to a reunion. We all enjoyed our stay. Very nice, clean, and tastefully decorated facility, friendly staff, convenient location. Very rare to find hotels with a restaurant, bar, as well as close to other chain restaurants. We liked our stay so much we are planning another get-together in the Spring, and plan to meet at this hotel for our weekend stay. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next Spring!