“Awesome hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Awesome hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I have stayed on many of hotels and this hotel is excellent. Staff is corteous as well as very clean rooms. Will always come back to this hotel...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
La Jolla, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Clean rooms, Sleep Number Beds, updated furniture. I don't like the area, as it is not the newest with all the hippest restaurants; BUT it is very convenient to 3 interstates (I-20, I-26, I-126). I'd stay here again.

The smoky smell seemed disgusting for the 1st minute, but upon turning on the room AC/Heat fan the smell was gone. I despise smoke and this was more than bearable.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Europe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

One night stay as often is the case when travelling. Best thing about this location if the free cookie. Staff very friendly and our room was upgraded as I am a Hilton Diamond, but the King room was smaller than any Hampton Inn I've stayed at.

The bathroom was minute, and the room heating did not blow in the bathroom, so it was icy cold unless you left the door open to let in the room heat.

This hotel is mainly used for conferences and as there were none when we stayed the place was like a grave. However, we could hear the elevator and corridor noise even though we were some feet way from it, and in an executive room.

The restaurant was the biggest disappointment. They call it an Italian eatery, but the name is where the similarity ends. It's just an average eatery. The restaurant was actually closed due to the lack of guests, so they were serving the menu on tables laid up in the bar. Service was from person who was also tending bar. Food was mediocre and all frozen with my battered tilapia being luke warm and the batter all soggy.

So all in all there are far better places to spend over $100 a night for a stopover hotel. I would not use this hotel for anything other than a stopover in an emergency, or if you are attending an event at this location. If you do stay, eat out.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you want some space and a big tub. They come with a whirlpool.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New Smyrna Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed here on our way to a wedding in northern North Carolina and were very pleased. We found all the employees to be extremely helpful and friendly. I asked for a mini frig and it was placed in the room before we made it up there. The room was quiet, very clean and seemed to be updated. Only problem was the directions to the hotel both from MapQuest and the hotel web site. Need to be much more specific. The desk clerk at check in said they frequently hear that complaint. As nice a Doubletree as we've stayed in.

Room Tip: If you think traffic noise will bother you, ask for a room on the opposite side of the building from...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FLORIDAYS711
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Great hotel and large amenities and value for the room rate. I had a fantastic stay at this hotel with no problems.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria Fe P, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Overall the hotel is nice, great staff and service! Had slight problem but when I talked to front desk he took care of it too my complete satisfaction. I didn't even have to ask, way too go Alex!! You are a great hotel person

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for recently staying at the Doubletree by Hilton, Columbia, SC. We are glad our friendly and professional staff was able to assist you. We hope to see you again!
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I booked online and was comparing this hotel with others in the price range on a football game night, it was on par with mid-range places. I found it to be an excellent hotel with a bar/restaurant, spacious workout room with plenty of treadmills and other machines. The staff was super friendly, professional and helpful. I went for the room rate with breakfast included which meant eggs made to order and a buffet. I think it was worth it. The room was large and had a comfortable, fancy foam mattress. I thought it was odd to have a nicer hotel a few miles from downtown off an exit ramp, but as a business traveler it suited my purposes fine. I will stay there again if I'm town for business and want to get some good sleep. If I was on vacation, I might choose a place near the lively downtown. My only complaint is the restaurant coffee was terrible.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria Fe P, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Thank you for recently staying at the Doubletree by Hilton, Columbia, SC. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!