“WORTH THE STAY”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Conway
Sarasota, Florida
“WORTH THE STAY”
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I made a quick trip to Conway to visit a family member and did not have a reservation. I stopped in and asked if I could look at a room before I decided to stay....The staff was friendly and very pleasant and had no problem showing me a room before I booked. She showed me a room immediately and as soon as I saw the room I took it...clean, clean, clean and I am fussy. This hotel is very, very clean for not being brand new....The staff on both days were pleasant and kind. A continental breakfast is served and the area is very clean and many things to choose from...i noticed a high chair and a booster for families that travel with little ones...a nice plus is a flat screen TV to catch the morning news and weather while you enjoy your breakfast. If you visit Conway please take the time to go down town to church street,,,great little town. This is also a young collage town. Love it. Anything you want, they have..The beach is not far and in easy driving distance.....If you eat anywhere in Conway you must eat at “Rotelli's”, if you don't, your lose....They are open 7 days a week and have delicious food and amazing services....I begged the owner to open a restaurant on the west coast of FL.....lunch specials are outstanding, dinner is to die for and their pizza rocks!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank JMR914

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel June 24-25, 2010 while attending our daughters orientation at Coastal Carolina University. Since we didn't know the area, this hotel was close to the campus.
Our room was damp feeling and smelled moldy/mildew. There was an obvious water leak and damage in the room at the ceiling in the corner of room. The grossest part was that the bedding on the sofa bed was wet/damp when we opened it up! Had to call front desk to get "dry" sheets, blanket, pillowcases and then after a long and late day of traveling,have to make the bed up. The front desk staff are friendly, but the rooms really need to be addressed!
There are very few hotel close to the campus with out going into Myrtle Beach, which with the traffic on 501, is not a great option when on a time schedule. Unfortunately this hotel appears to be the best of the bunch closet to the school.
Could be a nice property if the problems they have are corrected, until then, eeewww! As the parent of an entering freshmen, who will be needing a place to stay in town frequently, are there any cleaner choices out there?

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pilotswifecincinnati
GMComfortConway, General Manager at Comfort Suites at the University, responded to this review, 21 September 2010
Please accept my sincere apology for the problems you experienced during your stay. Our renovations were severely delayed by the demand of the summer months. We have been very busy lately repairing any damage in the rooms. We have also painted the the rooms and had a "knockdown" texture applied to the walls. We will have everything completed by October 10th! Very soon after, we will begin our corridors and breakfast area renovations. I am glad to hear your daughter chose to attend CCU, we are a proud sponsor and preferred hotel of the University. Please feel free to contact me directly in the hopes I can remedy your experience!

Travellers are raving about these Conway hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Everything was great--comfortable, good location, plenty of parking, clean. My only complaint is that the free continental breakfast was not well-stocked at all. Consider going to a restaurant and paying for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
chicago
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I have stayed at and been happy with several Comfort Suites properties in the past until now. This location is at the stage where it needs to be remodeled or re-branded. Upon entering the room it had a strange smell of mold/mildew which we discovered was originating from the air conditioning unit. The furniture and carpeting had several stains and housekeeping obviously doesn't pay attention to the little details (layer of dust on the TV & microwave, corners of rooms not vacuumed, etc).
Having paid extra for a "whirlpool room" I was disappointed to find out that this was simply a single person jetted tub in the already-cramped bathroom - unlike my experience at other locations that actually have a dedicated whirlpool.
The breakfast room is about half the size that it should be. Since most people didn't have anywhere to sit they were standing along the serving area or hovering around waiting for a seat. This seemed to occur during the whole visit.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank freddie219
riverview
Reviewed 11 January 2010

The staff their were awesome, when we got their the front desk greeted us very kindly, it took about a minete to check us in.. when we made it to our room it was very spacious and very clean. Breakfast was great . They are close to plenty of resturants and shopping centers. i was very satisfied. I would recommend this to anyone looking for great hotel with a great staff and very nice rooms.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
SC
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I stayed here a few years ago and it was an OK stay. I took another chance over the Holidays and all I can say is wow. I met the new Manager and he was a great guy. Helped me out with some last minute plans and suggested a great restaurant. The rooms were being updated and they were very clean! It was really nice to see all the workers saying hello and stuff. I like what they are doing and I will definitely be back! KUDOS!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Richmond
Reviewed 18 June 2009

A NICE AVERAGE HOTEL! Its downhill from here! The manager is the most DISRESPECTFUL AND RACIST person i've ever met in life! I'll give some advice if after reading this you still decide to stay there.1 Give him no Advice even if your right! 2 Make no complaints no matter how big or small. 3 This is the most important if your a WOMAN say nothing jus pack your bags you will be put OUT! An to Steve whatever your name is please know I had a wonderful vaction dispite your RACIST AND RUDE behavior

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank vetvet6
GMComfortConway, General Manager at Comfort Suites at the University, responded to this review, 21 April 2010
My apologies for my predecessor, apparently hospitality was not his strong suit. :) I have recently joined the team here and we have made many changes at our hotel including the replacement of all management and service training for all staff members. We have also started our renovations and our guests have loved what they see so far! Let me assure you, if you have any issues while staying at our hotel, my team and I are ready to do whatever it takes to make it right!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
13.9 km away
15.3 km away
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
10.4 km away
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Clarion Hotel & Conference Cente...
#136 of 208 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Comfort Suites at the University? Share your experiences!