Comfort Suites at the University
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$80
Deluxe Inn(Conway)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmyrtle beachroom was cleancollege visitstayed nightsa great staypull out bedcaptain georgessmall fridge and microwaveu turnlots of places to eatexercise roomburger placesuper nicesmall outdoor poolwafflesnice sizeconway area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel June 24-25, 2010 while attending our daughters orientation at Coastal Carolina University. Since we didn't know the area, this hotel was close to the campus.
Our room was damp feeling and smelled moldy/mildew. There was an obvious water leak and damage in the room at the ceiling in the corner of room. The grossest part was that the bedding on the sofa bed was wet/damp when we opened it up! Had to call front desk to get "dry" sheets, blanket, pillowcases and then after a long and late day of traveling,have to make the bed up. The front desk staff are friendly, but the rooms really need to be addressed!
There are very few hotel close to the campus with out going into Myrtle Beach, which with the traffic on 501, is not a great option when on a time schedule. Unfortunately this hotel appears to be the best of the bunch closet to the school.
Could be a nice property if the problems they have are corrected, until then, eeewww! As the parent of an entering freshmen, who will be needing a place to stay in town frequently, are there any cleaner choices out there?

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pilotswifecincinnati
GMComfortConway, General Manager at Comfort Suites at the University, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2010

Please accept my sincere apology for the problems you experienced during your stay. Our renovations were severely delayed by the demand of the summer months. We have been very busy lately repairing any damage in the rooms. We have also painted the the rooms and had a "knockdown" texture applied to the walls. We will have everything completed by October 10th! Very soon after, we will begin our corridors and breakfast area renovations. I am glad to hear your daughter chose to attend CCU, we are a proud sponsor and preferred hotel of the University. Please feel free to contact me directly in the hopes I can remedy your experience!

Reviewed 6 July 2010

Everything was great--comfortable, good location, plenty of parking, clean. My only complaint is that the free continental breakfast was not well-stocked at all. Consider going to a restaurant and paying for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I have stayed at and been happy with several Comfort Suites properties in the past until now. This location is at the stage where it needs to be remodeled or re-branded. Upon entering the room it had a strange smell of mold/mildew which we discovered was originating from the air conditioning unit. The furniture and carpeting had several stains and housekeeping obviously doesn't pay attention to the little details (layer of dust on the TV & microwave, corners of rooms not vacuumed, etc).
Having paid extra for a "whirlpool room" I was disappointed to find out that this was simply a single person jetted tub in the already-cramped bathroom - unlike my experience at other locations that actually have a dedicated whirlpool.
The breakfast room is about half the size that it should be. Since most people didn't have anywhere to sit they were standing along the serving area or hovering around waiting for a seat. This seemed to occur during the whole visit.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank freddie219
Reviewed 11 January 2010

The staff their were awesome, when we got their the front desk greeted us very kindly, it took about a minete to check us in.. when we made it to our room it was very spacious and very clean. Breakfast was great . They are close to plenty of resturants and shopping centers. i was very satisfied. I would recommend this to anyone looking for great hotel with a great staff and very nice rooms.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I stayed here a few years ago and it was an OK stay. I took another chance over the Holidays and all I can say is wow. I met the new Manager and he was a great guy. Helped me out with some last minute plans and suggested a great restaurant. The rooms were being updated and they were very clean! It was really nice to see all the workers saying hello and stuff. I like what they are doing and I will definitely be back! KUDOS!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple