“Gross”

Add it.
Jade Hibachi
Ranked #111 of 162 Restaurants in Conway
Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

The past 3 times I've had hair in my food. I will not be going back. It is cheap but the cleanliness is awful

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed January 4, 2017

Jade is a great place for takeout, delivery, and eating in. The food is good but the price is better. Its not gonna be the best place you've ate but it is a good place for food, especially on a budget.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed December 28, 2015

Jade Hibachi or the sister restaurant Nina Hibachi *on 501 by the Coastal Walmart* are not impressive. I scourge the opportunity to right a bad review on only one visit, but after a few now I felt the need to put it out there. I walk into Jade Hibachi this time *both owned by the same family, mind you* and a young New York girl (probably a student) takes my order. I specifically asked for a vegetarian bowl with only vegetables, as I did not want any red meat tonight. I made it very clear that I did not want any red meat as I currently work in the meat industry. No, I'm no vegetarian by any means, just in a different mood. I was charged an extra dollar to skip the rice and have only vegetables. Rice AND veg would have come in a much larger container (and would have been cheaper) but I did not want any....so I paid MORE for a container with less. I was also charged an extra 50 cents for it being an 'entree'...and if you saw the portion, it was no entree size compared to other patron's orders. So, I clocked it, based on previous experiences, to calculate 16 minutes for my single order of a veggie bowl to-go. That's not upsetting. What is upsetting is no spoon or fork, but a container of steakhouse mayo sauce...soo I took it home. I weighed it on my food scale just to get a reference, and it weighed just over 7 ounces of food, including the styrofoam container. I paid 7 bucks for 7 ounces of food??? In the paraphrasing of Napoleon Dynamte, 'dude, that's like a dollar an ounce, bro'.
Then, when I start eating, I notice a significant texture difference in the 'hibachi veg' which is typical white onion and zucchini (and may i mention was good), versus the sliced carrots and broccoli florets. The carrots and broccoli were previously frozen. You could tell because the onion/zuchinni combo had 'snap' to them when you bit into them, the carrot/broccoli did not. they were soggy. I paid for pre-frozen veg to be mixed with regular beg, which is fine...but the final straw was that I found several bite-size scraps of beef in the bottom of this tiny 'salad dish sized' takeout container. I specifically asked for no red meat. After visits to each Jade and Nina Hibachi, both places blow.

Date of visit: December 2015
2  Thank TinoNacho
Reviewed July 27, 2015

I work nearby and decided to give it another try, thinking, incorrectly, that maybe they had solved the cleanliness issue and slow service. I was wrong. It's worse than ever! When I walked in it was just dirty from the floors to the walls; every table was covered with dirty plates, napkins, rice, and just sticky. I walked to the back to see if there were any clean tables, and was completely grossed out by the way the food looked on people's plates as they were eating - tiny portions of protein, heavy on the greasy, inexplicably dark colored rice. The soda machine was so filthy it looked as if it had never been cleaned. Ever. Two employees were trying to wrestle a door back on a fridge that had fallen off, the grill was incredibly dirty, ugh.

The kicker for me was the smell of rancid meat emanating from the kitchen area. I didn't order anything because I was scared to eat anything that would come out. The smell was so bad I lost my appetite and decided to return to work instead. Please don't order food there, it can't possibly be safe to eat!

Date of visit: July 2015
2  Thank sc1969
Reviewed January 6, 2015

Great place to grab a quick bite to eat. The food is spectacular and well worth the price. The staff is super friendly and the resteraunt is a very interesting place to eat with your friends.

Date of visit: December 2014