Economy Inn
TripAdvisor
US$93
HIExpress.com
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I'm very surprised by some of the other comments left about this motel. Our room was adequately clean (okay when we moved the night stand to plug in our phone we saw some candy wrappers on the floor *gasp*), it was very inexpensive and the one staff member we dealt with was pleasant enough. Yes he tried to sell us bottled water upon check in (which we declined) and no, we did see anyone selling jewelry from India. Absolutely no issues with the room (maybe we were lucky). The breakfast is the usual motel fare of sugar, caffeine and dust. I would not go out of my way to stay here again but neither would I not stay here if it's a convenient stopping point on a road trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Dirty sheets with hair on them, and it was not ours,dirty bathroom and the towel was so small it would only dry of your head, entire room dirty. Smelled bad too. Sounded like a bowling alley above our heads. No refund so had to stay but used our own pillows and blankets.Top of my list on worst stay ever and we stay in a lot of places.Look at the room first before you give them the money.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel is horrible!

I went into the lobby to check in and at first everything was ok. After the man behind the counter ran my card and gave me a room key he tried to sell bottled water to me. I politely told him no and turned to walk out. He stopped me by pointing at something behind me and asking if I'd like to look at some jewelry. I turned around and an elderly woman (his mother maybe?) is sitting at one of the lobby tables with a jewelry display of tacky costume jewelry. I was kind of irritated by this because it was late at night, my mother and I had been driving all day, and we just wanted to sleep. I again said no thank you and head out the door.

As we enter our room there was a very musty smell to it and I immediately notice two giant holes worn in the carpet where the concrete floor is clearly visible. We also found a stinkbug on the ceiling (we killed it), dirt in the corners of the tile of the sink and bathroom areas, dead gnats in the bathtub, black flecks of something came out of the showerhead with the water (needless to say we chose not to bathe), the door to the room had serious gaps in it that let freezing air in the room all night, did not have an ashtray even though I was told it was a smoking room, and the television remote was missing the battery cover but had a piece of paper labeled "Office Remote" taped to it to keep the batteries in, which it did not. We would have left, but like I said it was late at night and we could not drive anymore. And when I went to checkout the next morning the man behind the counter tried to sell me the jewelry again!

We had picked this hotel because of the description in the free South Carolina hotel book which included free newspaper, restaurant next door, free wifi, and continental breakfast. There was no restaurant or newspaper, the wifi kept making me sign in, and we skipped the breakfast because everything else was so horrible. I paid $46.91 for a room I wouldn't have let my dog stay in. This location needs to seriously be updated and put under new management. I wouldn't even give this place one star.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mthrasher
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Its right off the interstate and easy to park a truck. And it was cheap. Interesting as after checking in an elderly lady, clearly kin of the owner, popped open a case and offered "handmade jewelry from India". So between that and the condition of the place it reminded me of travels in the developing world. If you stay, I hope its at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank thebiglion
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked four rooms the rooms were dirty needs up dated Badly. The morning breakfast was horrible. The lady at the front desk was rude at check in. The beds were hard and pillows sucked. That morning for breakfast the donuts were soggy and tasted horrible. Would not recommend this hotel for anyone to stay at. Needs a lot of updating and cleaning done to it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family