“Good popcorn shrimp”

Silver Bay Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 123 Restaurants in Easley
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

Inexpensive option for eating out at a seafood fair restaurant. Good service. Clean restrooms and restaurant. Ample parking. A regular eatery for me. Go get yall some good seafood @ an affordable price.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

Not bad, but some things to know. Salads were poorly prepared. By the end of salad, the lettuce was just sitting in a pool of water, gross. But, the ingredients were fresh and crispy. Fish, good, --- need to order it broiled. Fried items, pretty gross, not well prepared and really greasy and not so much flavor. Service was adequate. The restaurant was clean and servers were friendly. One notch up from Red Lobster, faster service and better fish, but smaller portions. A bit pricy for what you get.

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

This place is the same as many restaurants in this chain under many different names but does not change the fact that the food great, great portions, and a killer price. Not to mention the killer deserts.

Reviewed June 3, 2016

We (a party of 3) arrived at the restaurant at what is normally considered peak traffic time and found it was only 35-40% of capacity. This eliminates the excuse of being "BUSY". We were seated and a grand total of 6 hush puppies delivered. No Butter, Honey Butter, or anything. We even drew a few cross-eyed looks when I went to another table and grabbed some honey butter!! I ordered the marinated steak strips with the baby shrimp. My wife ordered the sirloin with the baby flounder. Our son ordered the clam chowder. When our salads were delivered, my dressing was supposed to be Blue Cheese. I do not know what it actually was but it was not Blue Cheese. It tasted like some crumbs of Feta cheese were broken up into a mix of buttermilk. It was thin and NASTY! My wife and I received our entrées and her sirloin was as tough as shoe leather and even with a generous dose of salt and pepper, it was as tasteless as it could be. The fish rated a 7 on a scale of 10 & was the only thing that kept her plate from being a total loss. My marinated beef strips were fairly good tasting as well however the shrimp was chewy.
Once my wife and I got our food, a good 20 minutes went by with no clam chowder! We asked the manager about it and found it had not even been heated. We ended up with a bowl of microwaved milk& water with just a few specks of clam. There was no offer to refill our teas and only one time did the waitress drop off a glass of soda with no ice for my son.
No offers of any type to comp some of this for our 20+ minute wait for the chowder. There was no apology for the wait, and only excuses. The excuses came from the manager. No offer for dessert or anything....Very disappointing. This will be my last trip to the Silver Bay in Easley.

Reviewed May 12, 2016 via mobile

Very good food and awesome staff. Wait time wasn't too bad. Reasonable priced.. will definitely go back and would recommend anyone to try this restaurant.

Been to Silver Bay Seafood Restaurant? Share your experiences!