“Very Friendly staff.. All you need for a "just like home" experience”

SpringHill Suites Florence
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have stayed in this hotel twice on a business trip. I brought my wife with me both stays and had a one my friends stay in a separate room at one time. I have given a 5 star rating for the following reasons:

1. Rooms are spacious and have a very comfortable set up. Everything was clean at all times.
2. The staff are super friendly and very helpful
3. Parking is free and available
4. Check in/check out/booking very simple and easy
5. Small indoor pool and hot tube good for end of day relaxation
6. The hot breakfast in the morning is not lavish but serves its purpose
7. Internet is wireless and complimentary
8. Small microwave and small fridge in room

If you choose this hotel for an at home experience then you got it. Comfortable and clean. Very customer friendly

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RZHOUSTON
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Florence

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I travel for business and have stayed at this hotel many times over the last few years, The property has always been well-maintained and has recently been renovated. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. More impressive than the up-to-date facilities is a staff that is friendly, helpful and always interested in making my stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HB W
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I booked this hotel for a one night stop on our way to Florida, because it was convenient to the I95 corridor. We'd stayed in Springhill Suites in other areas before, and it's perfect for a quick layover. While we'd stayed with some of our children in the other Springhills for a longer period, this time it was just myself and my husband, and the size was perfect for just the two of us. Check-in was quick and easy, the bed and pillows were oh so comfortable, and the shower was great. We also enjoyed a quick breakfast before hitting the road again. All in all, it's the perfect place to stay for a good night's rest while on the road.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Admittedly, I’ve never stayed at a Springhill Suites. I have stayed at other mid-level “suite” hotels. Conveniently located off 95, this location is ideal for staying overnight on a long drive. I would have thought though that being a suite, I’d be getting a large room for my family. After all, that’s why I used an extra 5,000 miles instead of the Fairfield down the road. The rooms are SMALL. They would have been better served to remove the wall separating the bedroom area from the suite section. The bathroom is SMALL. Two cannot share the bathroom layout. The bathroom was also low budget. Nothing in the room spoke of being mid-to-higher-end save the coffee bar and the desk chair. Hoping that the free breakfast would make up for the room – it didn’t. Place was packed, packed, packed. It was a competition to eat. I cannot recommend this hotel but given the sparse choices between Raleigh and Savannah on 95, it might just be one of the better.

2  Thank dctrentster
SpringHillFlorenceSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thank your for choosing the SpringHill Suites in Florence, SC as you were traveling along I-95. We rely on feed back from our guests so that we can continue to improve our hotel and the services we provide.

We understand that you thought you were receiving a larger room. We apologize if you felt mislead and for any difficulty this misunderstanding caused you or your family. Here at SpringHill Suites we offer studio suites. Each room is 25% larger than a typical hotel room. The sleeping area and sitting area are separated by a partial partition. The sitting area consists of a mini fridge, microwave, sink and prep area. This area also has a pull-out sleeper sofa. The Television is positioned in-between the partition so that the TV can be turned either towards the bedroom area or the sitting area.

We would also like to apologize that you were unable to enjoy our breakfast. SpringHill Suites is designed with family travel in mind. With spring break season in full swing we do see an increase in the number of family’s going to and from their holiday destinations. We see some very busy mornings and make every effort to prepare accordingly so that all of our Guests can receive a quality breakfast experience. If this was not the case for your family we are truly sorry. Rest assured that we will evaluate all aspects of our breakfast service to ensure that it is as efficient as possible.

We understand that different families have different needs when traveling. We invite you to contact the hotel if ever passing through our area again. We would like the opportunity to assist you in making a reservation that will truly meet your family’s needs.

SpringHill Suites Management

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was expecting a bit more - we had a great experience at a Fairfiled Inn in North Charleston and I thought this would be even nicer. Staff not as friendly and breakfast was spotty in quality and having coffee ready

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 894robertj
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Traveling and needed a place to stay for the night. This hotel was great. Staff very friendly, hotel was very clean, and the room was perfect. SpringHill Suites is always a great choice when I am traveling. The morning breakfast was great with great variety.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

This was a quick over-night stay for an early morning engagement. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Breakfast had plenty of options. The pool/gym area looked nice, but there was no time for that. The room was clean and large. My daughter especially enjoyed the "suite" aspect. The beds are firm and the pillows extra squishy. The shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. Location was great and I would definitely stay again if needing to do so in this area.