“Disappointing beer selection”
Review of St. James Gate

St. James Gate
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We chose this bar since the web site showed that they offered a sour beer which I am partial to. When we got there, it was even listed on the draught beer menu. So I found another beer that I like but this one was also not available. My next choice was also unavailable but then I did choose one that they had.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing, and they're specials are spectacular. Our waitress, Jennifer, was extremely nice and helpful. The service is very fast as well

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Decided to pop in for lunch with my son because he wanted to try the fish and chips. Fair prices, not as crowded as other places, and food and drink were good. I'd be back

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Dinner here was a thrill! Great food, service and music!

Walked in without a reservation on a Saturday night and were seated within a few minutes. Our server was sweet and very attentive. Everything we tried was delicious, especially the chicken curry.

The owner was seated outside and welcomed us like family! I highly recommend!

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Stopped here for drinks and dessert; not too crowded, and the two bartenders were friendly, didn't rush us, etc. Their draft beer selection was more varied than I would have expected, with several solid options. The dessert we got was pretty good as well. I would consider going for lunch or dinner in the future. Didn't go upstairs to see how it looked there.