“Not worth the expense”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Gaffney
London, United Kingdom
“Not worth the expense”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I was recently driving through South Carolina for a family reunion and stopped mid-way at the Hampton Inn in Gaffney.

I assumed for the expense ($150 with taxes) that the place would be excellent, but it was rather average and unexciting. The room was clean, but out of date. There were not glasses for water in the room, which seemed like a normal thing to have in any hotel room (only paper cups for coffee/tea to use).

The only bonus is the location right next to the Gaffney outlet mall and the staff which were nice and friendly.

Next time, I will save about $50-$70 dollars and find another hotel in the area or drive 20 miles to Spartanburg.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PassportWillTravel3
Shawn L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Dear PassportWillTravel3,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on you stay at the Hampton Inn Gaffney. We are constantly working to improve our Hotel and your feedback has helped us greatly.
We were glad to hear you comments about the Staff. We have lots of comments telling us of their friendliness and helpfulness. We hope you will reconsider, and allow us to welcome you back next time your travels bring you to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The hotel was nice and clean. Nothing at all wrong with the place except the fact that the rooms are waaaaay overpriced. My mom and I only stayed one night and then went over to stay at the Red Roof Inn on the same exit for less than half the price at the Hampton Inn. The only thing the Red Roof Inn lacked compared to the Hampton Inn was the hot breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TrentRocksHardcore
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Stopped on our way north from Georgia. Got in late without a reservation. The desk person was very helpful and pit us in a king non smoking room - perfect. The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. There were plenty of towels which is not the
norm for a hotel off of Rt. 85.
The only less than perfect part of our stay was the breakfast. The attendant was very pleasant and helpful it was the quality of the food that was lacking.

• Stayed August 2011
seortega, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
I am so glad that you enjoyed our bed here at the hotel. We get many comments regarding the bedding here. As to the hotel towels we always like to put the little extra, because at home you can always grab extra and we strive to make this your home away from home. As to the breakfast food choices, we do not have much control over that. We have to go by a guide line given to us, but I will say that since your visit in August we have added a few more hot item selections and have had many compliments on it. So come on back and try us again we would love to see ya'll again....
Thank you again!
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This hotel is off the beaten path and in a quiet location off the interstate. There's a few restaurants right next door and a shopping outlet. The room was very clean and spacious. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home with me...LOL. One thing I really liked about this place was the front desk staff. When I arrived I realized I had forgotten the wall charger for my cell phone. I asked the front desk man (wish I could remember his name!) where an AT&T store was and he actually pulled the phone book out, looked up an AT&T store then called the 1-800 number to find the closest store to us and wrote down the address and phone number for me....Wow....Later in the evening I went out to pick up dinner from a local restaurant. When I got to my room I realized no silverware in the bag. No problem. Went to the front desk and they handed me silverware. Very nice people and great location if you want quiet.....Will definately return.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
seortega, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Hi twags from Deltona!
We welcome all comments and reviews of our hotel. But we really enjoy reviews like yours! Our front desk staff is one of the best I have worked with in a long time. I believe each one of us up here thinks of this property as a 2nd home. We enjoy our guest and are very pleased that you had such a great experience with us. We certainly hope that on your next trip to our area you stay with us again!

Thank you again from, the Hampton Inn Front Desk Staff!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2011

A great location convenient to dinning. Room was very comfortable with bed that was like sleeping on a cloud! The free breakfast bar was well stocked and had the normal stuff but also a waffle maker! The staff was very friendly and treated our group very well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ppijacki
Hampton Inn Gaffney
ppijacki
Dear ppijacki,
Trip Advisor review

Our location here at the Hampton Inn Gaffney is a great location I agree! Not only do we have convenient dinning options but also, we are within a few minutes drive of some great local attractions. As to our beds! Oh I am in total agreement they are like sleeping on a cloud! I love the beds here!!! And the breakfast bar has only improved since your visit. We now off home-style kettle cooked oatmeal, with a variety of toppings. Can you say good food! Um yes!!! We look forward to your next visit to our area and hotel! And once again thank you!
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 October 2010

This is an older Hampton Inn that could use some updating. The property and rooms are in good shape but there are several hotels in the area that offer nicer rooms at the same or lower price. The staff was good as was the breakfast with no surprizes. I was expecting more from this property because of the price. It also did not compare well to two other Hamptons I had stayed at in the previous nights. The hotel has a great location the food adjacent and an outlet mall within a couple of minute drive.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Since you last stay with us, we have done some updating. When you stayed our property had just celebrated its 11th year anniversary! All of our beds have been replaced and our breakfast has not only improved but also gotten larger! As to our location it is a good one. Gas is very close, shopping and several nice food establishments. We can also now say that within a 5-minute walk we have a huge entertainment center. So next time your in the area please give us another try, I think we might surprise you.
atlanta, ga
Reviewed 19 June 2010

We stopped at this Hampton Inn to rest up on our way home. It was very clean and the staff were very helpful and nice. You are right next door to Cracker Barrel and an outlet mall. The hotel clerk even gave us a discounted rate without a coupon.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Dear Seagrove97,
Thank you for stopping and staying with us on your way home. We strive to be a great place to stop and rest, and from your review it seems that we meet our and your expectations. Not only do we have a Cracker Barrel right next door but we also have a well-known steak house and entertainment center. As to your special rate without a coupon, we (the front desk staff) always try to be as helpful as we can. So next time you are traveling and you feel like stopping, our door is always open! We are here and would love to see you again.
SEO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaffney
4.0 km away
4.4 km away
Super 8 Gaffney
Super 8 Gaffney
#7 of 8 in Gaffney

Been to Hampton Inn Gaffney? Share your experiences!