“Must be in middle of remodel/update”

Quality Inn-Gaffney
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Gaffney
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Stayed one night on run back to Texas. It appears they are in midst of a remodel as there was construction material around outside. The building is older type with rooms that open to outside parking area. My room had a mix of newer décor/furnishings and older items. I had same issue as others with A/C being off. I arrived around 10pm and room was very warm....took a while for the A/C to catch up. Breakfast was the average fare you expect from QI.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
gmsc422, General Manager at Quality Inn-Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Dear Guest,
Appreciate you taking time to review our hotel. As you mentioned we are replacing our all guest room Vanities. Once we finished we will have all new items just for Vanity area. Ours is older building built in 1987 but we are concentrating on inside guest rooms because guest going to spend most their time inside guest rooms. Outside Building needs some renovation but because it needs huge capital injection and not return on investment we are waiting until we have some funds.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

I was in town for 3 nights for work. Check-in was easy, room was nice and clean. When I first arrived in my room, the AC was not on and it was warm-they don't seem to keep it on. But it cooled down within a few hours. Breakfast in the AM was okay-they were out of yogurt quickly, but coffee was good.
The family staying next to me was loud late into the night and the front desk staff quickly offered to move me to another room.
They are currently renovating some of the rooms and they look like a good improvement. But you can see some holes in the walls/poor paint jobs. Nothing to affect my stay though.
Checkout went just as easy, very courteous staff.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
gmsc422, General Manager at Quality Inn-Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you, for taking time to write a review. We have new Vanities installed and while taking out old vanities there is some damage on walls. This guys were just vanity installers,so now I will have to find some professional painter to do touch up paint work in all guest rooms. I apologize for inconvenience. We working little by little to upgrade our guest rooms.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

If your traveling thru Gaffney SC and need a great place to stay, This is the place. Clean comfortable room, The staff was pleasant and eager to help with anything. The free breakfast in the morning was A+. All in all, my wife and I enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: use the Choice Hotel App.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
gmsc422, General Manager at Quality Inn-Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you, so much for taking time to review our hotel and let other future guests about our hotel. I am glad you and your wife enjoyed our hospitality with clean comfortable rooms and our hot breakfast in the morning. We will keep up good work.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

It is apparently an old hotel but regardless, it was not worth the money we paid. We were also by the stairwell & could hear everyone who went up & down the stairs all night. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Pass on the free breakfast & go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
gmsc422, General Manager at Quality Inn-Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear Guest,
I am deeply Sorry! and accept my sincere apology for not providing clean bath area. We will definitely take care of this and find solution about hair in the bath area.
Again my sincere apologies to you.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Great place for the money--clean, comfortable room...friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast, though, had no flavor...I tried eggs and grits and couldn't taste anything. Fortunately, the coffee in the room was drinkable.

Room Tip: easy access to the interstate
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

Room was typical of most highway motels in layout. Bed was more comfortable than most of the others. Breakfast was like every other motel.....Powdered eggs, waffle machine and greasy bacon. Price was a bit on the high side compared to others

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
gmsc422, General Manager at Quality Inn-Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you, for taking time to write a review for your stay with us at Quality Inn,Gaffney,SC.
I am glad you had decent stay with us though we did not receive good rating. Ours is older building but we do emphasize on providing clean,comfortable beds and hot breakfast and most needed Wi-Fi to our guests while they are away from home. We will work hard to earn better score and keep up with modern updates to make yours and future guests stay even better.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

Enjoyed our stay. Room was quiet, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was very good and staff very friendly. Would definitely stay here again. Very convenient to the interstate and easy to get to. Lovely town, as well.

Room Tip: All good rooms
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
gmsc422, General Manager at Quality Inn-Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2016

Dear Guest,
I am glad to hear you enjoyed stay with us. We are here to make our guests stay enjoyable and pleasant and comfortable while they are away from home. We will
keep good work providing clean, comfortable and safe environment with hot breakfast in the morning to give good start for the day.
Thank you, for taking time to write a review and help future guests to make decision on where to stay while they are in the area.
jack shah

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaffney
3.2 km away
25.5 km away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Shelby, NC
25.6 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Shelby

Been to Quality Inn-Gaffney? Share your experiences!