All reviews winyah bay marina view business stay room was clean breakfast area breakfast staff very nice hotel south carolina myrtle beach fresh fruit front desk staff short drive historic area great place to stay hwy inlet clerk
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I went to check in, and it declined my card. I checked my balance, and even called my bank, who said that it wasn't getting any attempt from the hotel to process the transaction. I need the desk clerk made a couple of calls, but after over an hour in the lobby with my 12 year old while he dealt with other customers and I waited, basically told me oh well, I'd have to wait another form of payment. We driven from Kansas and we're heading to Myrtle Beach so my choices were stay here or drive another 8 hours in the middle of the night at this point. I waited for over an hour to be told there wasn't nothing they could do but they were sure I could call to cancel my no cancellation reservation before I drove back to Kansas. I drove down the road to Walmart to take out cash and my card worked just fine another customer was having the same issue their system keeps declining their card. The room was alright small and outdated and not clean breakfast was disappointing no toast or Bagels they had nothing but milk or coffee, as their juice machine was broken we went elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
GeorgetownHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Georgetown-Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. As well, we are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the quality of your breakfast you experienced during your stay. We are working to improve our offerings and welcome your comments. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting family. The hotel was nice, but the walls seem very thin. It was really noisy. You could hear neighbors talking next door and in the hallways and walking above you. We tried to eat breakfast, but didn’t really care for it. We did enjoy the location and view of the water.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Very nice and comfortable hotel. Convenient to the main road. Nice view in the room and even better outside if you go for a walk. Now I am just trying to use up the silly 200 character minimum that the site requires. Lol

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2018

Do not waste your hard earned money or Hilton Honors points! Rooms were a nightmare. AC did not work Staff incompetent and not willing to work with you. They also assign your room to someone else while you are occupying the room. BE CAREFUL! I could not rate a ZERO!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Navigator48114
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Georgetown-Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dear Navigator48114,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of services. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and friendly staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed September 25, 2018

good hotel in Georgetown right at the marina. good breakfast. Our only problem was that our room was right beside the elevators on first floor. otherwise room was nice. would recommend for anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends