“In process of upgrading property.”
Review of Carolinian Inn

Carolinian Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Carolinian Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've stayed here for years and it has gradually gone down hill in appearance and amenities. New owners last year are trying to bring it back to the way it was in it's heyday. People were powerwashing outside ceilings and doors last year and got water in the cardkey locks. They still didn't work. Folks were working on them this week. Had to get someone from front office to let me back in the room when I returned from supper and lunch the next day.

Room Tip: downstairs if possible
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ralph L

Reviewed 27 January 2011

I can honestly say that in all my 60 years I've never seen such a dump! We had to change rooms twice, as the card keys didn't work,. There were no towels except for a dirty hand towel, which we threw on the floor over a huge puddle of water in front of the refrigerator. ( which turned black) the bathroom was beyond horrid, the sheets were dirty, and the list goes on... Be Forewarned!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sherko53
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I went to the small city of Georgetown for business plans and stayed at the Carolinian Inn. The rates were awesome, only $50.00 a night. The customer service was warm and inviting. My room was immaculate. There were several places nearby for me to shop and eat. I recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ReyTakang
Reviewed 14 November 2010

This place and their staff were the best! The hotel is under new management and the owner is a non- profit organization that is working to provide safe affordable housing in this city. You have to stay here and hear the amazing story of how they accquired the property and all of the wonderful things they have planned. It felt good to know that my nights stay here would be helping to provide accsess to affordable housing for someone in need.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Trust me you do not want to stay here. We arrived late at night. The front desk person was pleasant but I should have know when I called to make sure our room would be held until we got there. He said he would check out room before we got there just to make sure the locks were working. He mentioned it over and over again. In retrospect I think he was trying to warn us. We checked in and went to our rooms. It was awful. No towels, dirt on the floor, smelled of smoke and some sort of chemical. Bathroom and sink were nasty. Only styrofoam cups in the room with no wrapping and looked they had been used. Called for another room and the desk told us he would be right up and did. He whispered that this was the best they had. I told him we were exhausted and would be checking out in the morning and wanted a refund. He looked around told us he didnt blame us and the refund was no problem. The rest of the night I watched the door and listened to all sorts of other guests in other rooms. In the morning early I walked around and in the light of day I could see the rest of the place. If it had been light I would have never stayed there at all. Called down for the coffee and breakfast adn was told there was none. But if I still had the cup in my room I could come down and make a pot. I asked about the wifi and was told it didnt work anywhere.

Whatever you do dont stay here. Run as fast as you can......

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rickyble
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Called on Aprill 23 at 2:00 to get room pricing. I've stayed there many times in the past and sometimes for weeks on end when the mill is shutdown. Asked for AAA rate and lady said I had to be at the counter to get the rate. I said thanks and hung up.

Called back a few minutes later and asked for a room rate. She asked how many in party. I say 1. She asked what type of room and I say two doubles. She gives me the run around of if I only have 1 person, why do I want two beds. She then explains someone has been calling wanting rates all day. Hmm...thats what normally happens when the phone rings. Finally got a rate.

Decided to read the reviews based on the receptionists crappy attitude and when I did, I decided not to stay there. Looks like others have gotten the same attitude.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank beneteausailor
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Beware. Whether you risk staying here or cancel in advance as my group did, they will charge your credit card. Are they purposefully dishonest or patently incompetent? I vote the first because they charged our credit card for services cancelled two weeks in advance of our intended stay, then refused to remove charges resulting in a formal credit card dispute.

Don't have anything to do with this place!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends