“No refrigerators in Standard Rooms, Really???”

Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd.
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Just stayed here, and was really looking forward to it based on the previous reviews. The location is good, close to a mall and interstate, but I found this hotel disappointing. We checked in just after 3pm, and there were only 4 other cars in the parking lot, so not busy. We are Hilton Honors members with preferences on our account for a high floor room away from elevator and ice, and we had booked a king bed. We get to the room to find out it has two queen beds, is a low floor, and is the room right next door to the elevator and ice machine!!!!Plus, I look out the window and the interstate is right there! Then I realize there is no refrigerator in this room at all, we travel a lot, and you kind of expect that now, so I was a little surprised. I called reception and pointed out the issues, they offered to switch my room if I came back down to reception, but we had to get somewhere, so I didn't have time to do that. I asked about a refrigerator and was told I would need to pay an extra $30 and upgrade my room to get one. That would make my stay over $100 per night, crazy for a Hampton Inn. This hotel also feels a little old and dark, I have stayed at much better locations, with much better customer service. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TraceyJ1453

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I've been happy with most of my stays at the Hampton Inns and this one has been the BEST so far! There has been nothing left for want, cookies when I get back from the office, a full warm breakfast in the morning, and a nice dinner with wine in the evening, all included! Can"t think of a better way to travel than to make sure when we do business in Greenville, to stay at this great property.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge for your room, the hotel will do their best to get one for you if available, b...
Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DarcyInWI
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Hotel had good beds, functioning hotel room, and good free breakfast. Good value for the money. Easy access to Greenville and Spartenburg. Only one problem - getting out or in requires fighting traffic.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed here while visiting family. The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. The breakfast is quite complete with a lot of options, including hot menu items. We did have our key card rekeyed about four times during our one night stay, which was rather annoying. The hotel is nice and met our needs but I wouldn't say it's anything special. It's a good place to sleep while passing through town.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed here while on business. Handy for interstate and outlying business districts. Not the choice if you wish to be on the doorstep of city centre amenities.
There's nothing to fault. Very clean hotel. Extremely comfy bed, spacious shower with a good sized room that gives plenty of space to work and relax.
Free wifi is available.
Breakfast is nothing special as you would expect but you do get fresh fruit.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 10 December 2011

My husband, daughter and I recently stayed here when we came to Greenville for a concert. I called the evening before to book a room and asked if an early check in was possible, The gentleman said that there would be no problem with that and was very courteous while making the reservation. When arrived at 1pm and the woman was very friendly and helpful and let us know about the breakfast in the morning. When we got up to our room everything looked and smelled clean. We had a room on the side of the hotel opposite the highway. The room was quiet and the beds comfortable and we all slept very well. The breakfast was very good with extras like western omlettes, potatoes and waffles. Overall this hotel is clean, in a great location and has great staff. Will stay here again when we come to Greenville.

Room Tip: rooms on the side of the hotel facing the parking lot and stores are quiet..
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Danelle was the most fabulous host that we have ever had in a hotel, and hope to see her again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family