“Home away from home”

Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd.
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
SC
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 23 February 2009

A great place to stay!..very clean. SUPER friendly staff. Belinda and her entire staff are the best..They always make me feel like I am at home. Thanks for the great breakfast and dinners as well. Not only saves money, but the food is great. Thanks Belinda,Charlene,Maylee and the guys at the front reception area..I will be back again.One of the best Hampton Inns I have been to.Thanks.DG

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 January 2009

I am a frequent business traveler and average over 100 nights a year on the road. I stay in full-service and mid-level hotels, and the Hampton Inn at I-385 and Woodruff is now my preferred choice when I'm in Greenville.

The location is close to I-85 and I-385 and the airport, and a quick drive to downtown. There's a Whole Foods and a Target just up the street from the hotel, an outdoor mall with a Barnes and Noble (Starbucks inside!) and a Panera Bread across the street, and about every restaurant you could want within a mile of the hotel, everything from fast food, healthy choices, to upscale dining.

Location aside, the service at this hotel is what really brings me back. I have tried other hotels in Greenville, but the staff is what really makes the difference here for me. From the management staff , breakfast/dinner hostesses, housekeeping and the front desk staff, they care about their guests - and it shows.

Staff is very friendly but professional, eager to ask if you need something, and very knowledgeable about the area. I have dined at many of the restaurants they have recommended and have never been disappointed. Rooms are very clean, appear to have been recently updated with new linens and flat-sceen tv's.

In addition to the hot breakfast buffett, ( I love the fresh fruit!), they also now serve dinner during the week (not sure if it's every night), usually something like lasagna, salad, bread, dessert and drink. After a particularly rough day, it's nice sometimes to not have to go out or get take-out - and, it's complimentary, a great value. They also have cookies, coffee and tea available at check-in in the afternoons.

I've also held a meeting at the Hampton's conference room. The rate was very reasonable, and they provided beverages and meeting room materials.

If traveling to Greenville and location/value/service/cleanliness is important to you, I highly recommend this Hampton Inn. Stay here with confidence.

• Liked — Service - Staff. Excellent at what they do and really care about their guests.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 10 December 2006

What a pleasant surprise! This Hampton Inn was head and shoulders above any other Hampton Inn I've encountered in my travels. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. At checkin my 9 year old daughter was given a nice size teddy bear welcoming her to the Hampton Inn. It was a nice touch! I had requested a non-smoking room and was given one that was obviously recently smoked in. I called downstairs and was given an apology and an even nicer room on the first floor. The room had 10 foot ceilings and was decorated quite tastefully. The 2 queen beds were incredibly comfortable. I was delighted to see a note that stated all bedding items including: duvet, pillows, and sheets were freshly changed before my arrival. No more worries about a soiled duvet or neck roll pillow. The bathroom was large and even had the newly popular curved shower curtain rod that affords a bather more room to move about. The rate also included breakfast the following morning. It offered the typical continental breakfast options, but also had biscuits with sausage gravy, a variety of teas and coffees, fresh fruit, and cereals. We were pleased with our choices. The location is easily accessible and has many restaurants and stores to choose from in the immediate area. Our rate was $80.10 per night which I found to be reasonable given the amenities. The hotel also has a small outdoor pool that we didn't take of advantage of since it was 20 degrees outside. Overall, a good solid choice in lodging in a desirable area.

Stayed December 2006
2 Thank CharlestonNative
Attica, NY (A Suburb of Buffalo)
Reviewed 4 June 2006

Stayed here on business the first week of May, 2006. The hotel was very clean and had classy decor. Upon ariving the room was clean and inviting. The bedding was great. I had the best nights sleep. I also found the bathroom to be in excellent condition with high quality shower head and soaps. Hotel staff was incredibly kind and took the time to help me with packages and other business needs. I'd definitely stay here again and would recomend this hotel to other business travelers and vacationers to the area!

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank pack513
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 August 2004

We have been coming to the Hampton for over 7 yeards and it is consistantly one of the very BEST!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member