“Great Location and Acceptable Food”
Review of The Lazy Goat

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Camperdown St
Description: The Lazy Goat is a Mediterranean-themed restaurant with a menu featuring global influences from Spain, Morocco, Italy, France, Greece, Africa and the Middle East and a relaxed atmosphere where taking the time to "linger and share" is encouraged. The diverse menu was created to accommodate a variety of diner preferences with meat & cheese plates, small plates to “graze and nibble,” and main dishes. Guests are invited to take their time while "trying a little bit of that and a little bit of that" or a "whole lot of whatever they like".
Reviewed June 2, 2024

The Lazy Goat is right on the Reedy River in busy, happening Greenville. The Peace Center is in the same area. The Lazy Goat is associated with a Hampton Inn which seems a bit odd to me. We chose to valet with the Hampton because parking is an issue in the area. Parking was free except for a tip for the valet.

We had reservations - it was a Saturday night - but it looked like the reservations weren't needed. We sat outside on the lower of the two restaurant levels and enjoyed being on the river. We had a few glasses of pretty average wine and looked over a quite varied menu. I ended up with a pasta dish with shrimp added.

The food was good but not amazing. The wine was not amazing at all. The setting was very good and service was above average. We concluded we would not rush back... there are so many dining options in Greenville!

Date of visit: June 2024

Reviewed May 11, 2024

First timers at The Lazy Goat today. It is Saturday, beautiful day, our son's 18th birthday and an art festival in Greenville. Pro tip: make reservations. I went online on Open Table same day at 10:45AM and made reservations for 12:45. The app asked if these was an occasion we were celebrating, I chose birthday. We arrived on time and greeted. They were telling walk ins about an hour wait (which after our experience would have been worth it), so I am glad we had made those reservations as we had commitments later in the day at Clemson University). They do have indoor and outdoor seating, we chose indoor, but after seeing outdoor which featured a large shade tree and waterfall over looking the Reedy River, would have been more special since it was such a nice day.

We were thanked for coming in, my son was wished a happy birthday and given a nice birthday card from the host and we were seated quickly. The interior was well appointed, clean and had a nice view of the Reedy River.

The service from Freia was excellent. We ordered fried goat cheese as an appetizer which was wonderful, enough for three people. For the main lunch course my son selected the Falafel bowl and declined any additional protein (Chicken, steak, shrimp, sausage or vegies are available to add) . My wife chose Octopus Patatas. I went with the Chef's Pasta Feature which was a bowtie type pasta with sundried tomatoes, a creamy white sauce, mushrooms and bacon. My protein choice was shrimp which perfectly paired with the dish. All plated selections were reasonably portioned and presented well with different dishes that suited the fare. All food was cooked as it should have been, served at the proper temperature and tasted wonderful.

Freia was very attentive to our table, unrushed and pleasant even though the dining area was beginning to get busy. To our surprise, my son was presented with an absolutely mind blowing chocolate cream/mousse birthday cake, plenty for three (on the house, unbelievable) after our main dishes were cleared. The bill was very reasonable for the experience. The host thanked me and shook my hand as we left, again thanking me for coming in. (Wow)

We live in the area, but somehow never made it to The Lazy Goat until today. It is our new favorite, raised the bar so much it spoiled us and will absolutely be back. It's the best in Greenville as far as we are concerned.

Date of visit: May 2024
Reviewed February 23, 2024

Had dinner here mid-week - quite crowded at 6 pm. My better half had a salad and the scallops, I had the brussels sprouts and the lazy paella. We split a wonderful marquis cake dessert. Lena was a fantastic server. The noise level is quite loud - nothing can really be done about it (large glass windows on 3 sides, concrete ceiling).

Date of visit: February 2024
Reviewed January 13, 2024

Restaurant Week dinner visit - wife's 1st ever visit (it has been several years since my last visit). Starters: french onion soup and crispy brussels. Entrees: flounder roulade and wild boar ragu. Dessert: tiramisu and loukomades. Food and service was outstanding. FRI night, so it was noisy and busy.

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed December 10, 2023 via mobile

Enjoyed a delightful and casual dinner at The Lazy Goat before our show at the Peace Center. The drinks, appetizers and mains were mixed or cooked to perfection as we enjoyed our people watching spot from the shaded patio above the creek. Nothing to say except we cannot wait to go back!

Date of visit: October 2023