“A great restaurant in the making”

Encore Gastrolounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Encore Gastrolounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #246 of 1,008 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Description: Chic atmosphere offering small, shareable plates, entrees, desserts, specialty cocktails, beer, wine, etc. Located in the historic west end of greenville, encore is walking distance to fluor field, several local theatres, shops, and entertainment venues.
Reviewed August 16, 2018

We dined at Encore during July's Restaurant Week. We ate at 6:00 and found surprisingly few other diners at the restaurant. We were greeted quite warmly by hostess, bartender and, later, by the wait staff. The restaurant week menu entailed three courses with the option of wine pairings, which both my wife and I elected to take. Both of the salads we had were excellent as were the two wines that were served with them. I had the smoked beef entree which included a mushroom and asparagus risotto accompanied by a fine temperanillo wine. That entree was quite good, although the risotto did have a bit more salt than suits my taste. Unfortunately, my wife's fish dish was a bit overdone, but tasty nonetheless. My wife also ordered the brussels sprouts as a side dish and found them to be outstanding. Deserts were tasty, but too much to eat after the other two courses. Overall conclusion is that this is a very promising addition to Greenville's dining scene, and a place we will return to to see how it evolves. Hopefully they will continue to offer the option of a prix fixe menu with wine pairings in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

This was our 2nd visit to this restaurant and it was such a great experience both times that I felt compelled to write a review. Great ambiance for dinner, drinks, or dessert. All of the service staff were wonderful. Friendly, attentive, and helpful. The food was outstanding. Plenty of interesting choices. The Encore Stacked Salad with seared ahi was amazing as was the Smoked Beef Tenderloin. Wonderful flavors and reasonable prices. My wife said the Ode to Ferrero Roche, Chocolate hazelnut mousse torte with hazelnut gelato, was as good a chocolate dessert as she has ever had. And be prepared to split it and still take half of it home. Parking can be a challenge in the Greenville West End so be prepared but don't hesitate to come to Encore because it is really worth it.

Heather F, General Manager at Encore Gastrolounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for your amazing review, James! We are so happy that we are able to provide a valuable service and we can't wait to serve you again!

Reviewed July 22, 2018

We popped in on a Wednesday night without a reservation ...often times places don't welcome just walking in without a reservation but we decided at the last minute to try this restaurant and upon our arrival we were greeted warmly!....the decor was very inviting and hip...several different seating areas with different types of comfort seat options...you could sit at traditional tables or low, fun tables that would be great for group conversation. We ordered several different offerings on the menu and each were delicious...particularly the duck fat fries!!!..2 delicious salad options we chose were fresh and plated beautifully...the brussels sprout were quite tasty....even though we were full we did order the Bananarama and my husband thought that was the very best dessert he has had anywhere in Greenville....whipped cream, butterscotch syrup, a vanilla sponge cake with some sort of Banana Cream Brulee AND topped with peanut butter ice cream...not for the faint of heart in the calorie department for sure but delicious....every bit made right in house!..to top it all off French press coffee...there is live music on Thursday nights if that is important for a dining out choice.

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Based upon a recommendation from a woman at the Greenville Music Museum, I took a short drive to Encore, which opened in February of 2018.

I arrived with my family shortly after they opened, and while the place was empty, Kelsey quickly took care of us and walked us through the menu. I primarily wanted coffee and dessert, but we decided to share a few bites on the savory side of the menu: Duck Fat Fries with Short Ribs and Brussel Sprouts. The portions were large enough to share between the three of us, while leaving room for dessert and freshly brewed french press coffee.

The fries were perfectly seasoned, with a hint of truffle salt, and a not-too-garlicky aoili, topped with melt-in-your-mouth short ribs. The brussel sprouts were just as delicious, as professed by a non-vegetable eating family member.

I selected the Bananarama and Ode to Ferrero Roche to share. Kelsey explained that all of the desserts are made from scratch on-site, including the butterscotch syrup, peanut butter ice-cream and whipped cream. A creme bruleed banana was a delicious addition to the Bananarama, complimented by an airy vanilla sponge cake and some of the best peanut butter ice-cream that I've ever tasted.

The Ode to Ferrero Roche had a creamy chocolate mousse sandwiched between layers of chocolate cake. Teh mousse was excellent, but the cake could have used a bit more chocolate, and a bit more hazelnut crunch to complete the "Ode."

Overall, it was a great experience, and worth a return visit next time I am in town. If you go, ask for Kelsey, and tell her I sent you.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

I usually don’t give a 5 on here because a 5 is perfect but because I can’t put a 4.5 I will give them a 5. Because parking was such a pain tonight we couldn’t all make our reservation on time so we sat down at the bar to have a couple of happy hour drinks while waiting on others. The bar tender was fun and very attentive to us while we sat and chilled. The happy hour was a good deal as well. I honestly love a bar when their house vodka isn’t some back ally running alcohol. It says a lot about a bar. Fris was the House vodka and that’s not very bad for House. Everyone in our party finally arrived and we sat down to our tables. Our server was very friendly and very attentive. She explained about all of the dishes since this was our first visit for this new restaurant. We all ordered servers different dishes since they are small plates. Me and my bf ordered the Scallops (Excellent), Duck fat fries, and the beef with risotto. Every one of our dishes were excellent. The scallops were cooked perfect. I am very picky about scallops since most people over Cook then. Great night of dinner for a first time visit.