“great lunch!”

Brick Street Cafe
Ranked #59 of 948 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are here on Tuesday and Wednesday 11am- 6pm for cake pickups and Thursday thru Saturday from 11am- 10 pm. We are closed on Sunday and Monday.
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Although their salads and sandwiches are great, I think the real reason people go here is for the dessert! I saw a lot of people leaving with huge cake boxes! The Pady Cake was great, BTW!

Also good is the walnut cole slaw.

Eclectic décor, vibrant atmosphere, lots of big parties in the restaurant the day we came.

You'll have better luck parking behind the café.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Went there for lunch with my wife and sister. The place was very busy, but we were seating very quickly. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. My wife wants to go back for dinner soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Best sweet potatoe cake ever. One of best cakes you can find anywhere. Ruben had best corn beef I have had in years. Highly recommend if you like Rubens. Very well brewed ice tea unsweetened. On my list on a return trip to Greenville.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I am a tough grader, so a "4 star" rating is high from me. Been wanting to try this place for a long time. Stopped in on a SAT for lunch ~ noon - place was pretty full. Decor hard to describe - eclectic? So many choices for lunch - wife had the crab cake sandwich and fries, I had the roast beef sandwich with fruit medley. Both very good.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

made reservations over a week before.
hostess tried to put us near the band when I had specifically requested a quiet alcove
she rudely put us at a dirty table and grabbed the used paper placemats n put down the menus.
we were basically left on our own.
no bread plates nothing.
I walked to another table that was set n picked up 2 set ups of silverware n napkins.
no bread brought out.
placed order of Caesar salad along w our entree.
told by server, Steve, who was given too many tables n we knew he didn't want to deal w our table.
was then told there was no Caesar dressing . it was 7 pm on a sat nite.
get real...r u running a restaurant or not.
we elected to have the Caesar salad but w blue cheese dressing on the side.
salad was brought out with a store bought roll n butter ON the salad plate... no bread plate at all. when asked where the normal bread was, again told they. RAN OUT.
none of their normal black bread that was delicious. had to ask for bread plate.
partner cut his salad n it wad wilted.
again had to flag down waiter.
at that point, waiters attitude got the best of us.
we canceled dinner n walked out.

I was here on January n had a terrific dinner w an excellent server n great band playing.

to say this repeat visit was the pitts was an understatement!

never never again... too too many good restaurants with good service that we don't have to put up with condescending attitudes both hostess n server