“So-So dining experience”

Brick Street Cafe
Ranked #73 of 969 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are here on Tuesday and Wednesday 11am- 6pm for cake pickups and Thursday thru Saturday from 11am- 10 pm. We are closed on Sunday and Monday.
Reviewed July 19, 2017

There is much to like about the Brick Street Cafe including the prices, the very nicely furnished tables and settings and excellent service. The loaf of bread served with the dinner meal is excellent, but the menu is outdated and both the spaghetti sauce and the coconut cake were a little stale as they had been on hand for a few days. It added up to a so-so experience.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

Although their salads and sandwiches are great, I think the real reason people go here is for the dessert! I saw a lot of people leaving with huge cake boxes! The Pady Cake was great, BTW!

Also good is the walnut cole slaw.

Eclectic décor, vibrant atmosphere, lots of big parties in the restaurant the day we came.

You'll have better luck parking behind the café.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

Went there for lunch with my wife and sister. The place was very busy, but we were seating very quickly. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. My wife wants to go back for dinner soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

Best sweet potatoe cake ever. One of best cakes you can find anywhere. Ruben had best corn beef I have had in years. Highly recommend if you like Rubens. Very well brewed ice tea unsweetened. On my list on a return trip to Greenville.

Reviewed July 3, 2017

I am a tough grader, so a "4 star" rating is high from me. Been wanting to try this place for a long time. Stopped in on a SAT for lunch ~ noon - place was pretty full. Decor hard to describe - eclectic? So many choices for lunch - wife had the crab cake sandwich and fries, I had the roast beef sandwich with fruit medley. Both very good.