“Dessert Extraordinaire ”

Brick Street Cafe
Ranked #76 of 979 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are here on Tuesday and Wednesday 11am- 6pm for cake pickups and Thursday thru Saturday from 11am- 10 pm. We are closed on Sunday and Monday.
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

You cannot beat this cake and ice cream place in town. The walk was worth the prize at the end. Hot fudge brownie was huge. Sweet potato cake was bigger. Wow...

Reviewed August 12, 2017

My family and I attempted to have lunch here today but unfortunately no one wanted to take the time to help us find a table for four. It was simply, "look around and seat yourself."
We would have been happy to wait for a table to become available but we were not offered that option.

I will not be returning.

1  Thank Lashaun S
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

We have heard so much about this place and the noon cake walk that we had to try it for ourselves! The vegetable lasagna was nice, but you need to LOVE cheese :). The shrimp and grits had a smoky flavor, and it was not spicy hot. My daughter liked it a lot. We tried their German Chocolate cake for dessert, and while it was HUGE, it was not great. The frosting was very hard and dense, and the layers of cake were like Devil's Food Cake or double chocolate brownie with little chocolate pieces in it, not light and fluffy like we prefer. The service was very hit or miss for us as well. I noticed that a lady behind us that the waiter knew was waited on quickly and efficiently while our service was much slower and it took forever to cash out in comparison.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

We visited here this morning, the atmosphere was exciting at first but after we got our server it went downhill. The food here was really good and healthy and we do plan on giving this place mother try. I probably should have spoke to someone about our server. He was not friendly at all.

1  Thank Kimberly B
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

All I have to say is, my family and I drive from Atlanta twice a year just for the Sweet Potato Cake!! No hesitation, one of the top three best cakes in America.